Nov 10, 2016

Random Thursday

Nothing new to share, so we'll go back to That's a Fact Jack: A Collection of Utterly Useless Information [Updated] by Harry Bright and Jakob Anser! This book amuses me greatly!!

(image borrowed from YouthMinistry.com)


"According to Guinnes World Records, the Bible is the bestselling book of all time, with roughly 2.5 billion copies distributed between 1815 and 1975 in over 2,200 languages and dialects. More recent estimates put the total number sold between 5 and 6 billion."

Wow! I think I remember hearing that the Bible is the bestselling book of all time though! LOL! This book has a copyright year of 2006 and 2013, hence the new numbers may be even higher!



"The Bible is the most shoplifted book in the world"

This just makes no sense to me! LOL! I mean seriously?! I guess these people missed the "Thou shall not steal" bit!




 

4 comments:

  1. I find it a strange irony that people steal The Bible...I mean, THAT'S not going to put you on God's friend list is it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well maybe they hadn't read it yet LOL but after stealing it and reading it, they should definitely know better. Or maybe some thieves just thought it ironic? I enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing so many interesting facts each week! I laughed at the "thou shall not steal" bit XD

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!