May 3, 2020

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.


There doesn't seem to be an end in sight yet for the stay-at-home orders here. Personally, I'm dying to go to Kohl's to buy new pillows. I am in pretty bad need of some and I didn't like the ones I found at Walmart and Target, so I'm anxious for the store to open because I already ordered two sets online and they didn't result in a good night's sleep. One was too hard, the other too soft...so obviously the third set I'll buy has to be just right! Right? Lol! Other than that life is still normal. Still looking for a job, still stuck in the one that I hate. I also feel like once society is allowed to open again then I might get better luck with the job hunt.

Despite not getting my Fairy Loot box which has been sitting in the FedEx facility since early Friday morning, I did get some good things! I can only hope people hold off on their spoiler posts for a few more days. I'm not sure how long FedEx plans to hold my box hostage. I'd go pick it up myself if I only knew where they were located!


Anyways, here's what I did get this week! This first set of books is what I ordered way back in March to help support indie bookstores, I saw that Vanessa Garden's series was being republished and I HAD to get them because it's a series I wanted to finish but couldn't find the books anywhere! Luckily they went through a reprint about 5 years later! 

Captivate by Vanessa Garden--I remember I read this one as an ARC way back in 2014 and liked it despite some Stockholm Syndrome issues, but really, Beauty and the Beast has that too and I still adore that tale!
Impulse by Vanessa Garden--this one I did get as an ebook back when it released but never read it in time. Then I learned there was another book that couldn't be found...until now of course!
Release by Vanessa Garden
Compulsion by Vanessa Garden--this one was actually a prequel that came later on! So I plan to read this one first then re-read (yes, again! Lol!) Captivate before diving into the rest!


Then I made a trip to the only B&N in my area that was open and boy did I have a wild time there! I wore my mask despite there only being a few other customers, better safe than not, right? It also appeared that the store was getting new furnishings, so browsing was a mite difficult, but I still had a wild time! Only a bookworm, right? Lol!


Starbreaker by Amanda Bouchet--I still need to finish her first series and read the first book of this one. But I've learned the hard way of waiting to read the first book of the series and waiting to buy the rest. See below.
Hard Breaker by Christine Warren--I am enjoying Christine's first series and I bought the first book of this Gargoyle series of hers and thought I'd buy the rest after I read book 1...well, after browsing online I realized books 2-4 are nearly out of print and are impossible to find! So I snatched this one off the shelf when I saw it. Once the world opens up again, I'll be hitting up my HPBs to see if I can find the rest! I just hope book 5 is easy to find still...
Finale by Stephanie Garber--the U.S. paperback! Yes, I saw this on the shelf early and while I normally wouldn't buy a book before its release date, I made an exception this time around. Mostly because of all the other stores being closed and this only open one is a good drive's away from my home, so I fell victim to impulse buying. That and it was the last one on the shelf, so there's no saying it'd still be there come Tuesday!
 
 
 
And speaking of Caraval...

I got my preorder of The Enchanted Bookshop's gorgeous Caraval pin! It's the symbol of Caraval naturally, and I immediately added it to my Caraval pin hoop! I had to rearrange them a bit...so now I have room for another pin! And you know, to avoid the noticeable empty space I better find another one to buy asap! Lol!


And then I finally hit gold with a trip to yet another Walmart and found this:


Say hello to the blogging planner of 2020-2021! This is the one I saw online and decided I'd like that one for this (academic) year's planner! Was SO happy they had it! Cause I was going to need it soon what with all my blogging ahead lately!




And finally I won this:


$5 Amazon Gift Card from Holly @ World Fueled with Love for the 2020 Series Enders Reading Challenge wrap-up from March! I immediately applied this to one of my preorders that was still dangerously over-priced for Amazon and brought it down to a manageable level! Just in time too! Lol!


And that was it for me this week! Not too bad! I think after I my current series I'm reading (and maybe finishing...depends on how the rest of this one goes), I'll be diving into Vanessa's series here! 

What all did you get this week?









 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!