May 12, 2020

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"For the first instant it's like I'm not moving downward at all. It's more like floating, while intense wind blows around me. But then the force of it presses in, and my stomach's in my throat and the river's rushing up to meet me and I'm going to die." p 44















TITLE: A Million Worlds With You
AUTHOR: Claudia Gray
PUBLISHER: HarperTeen
GENRE: YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: November 1, 2016





Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


This week's topic is: The Last Ten Books I Abandoned (submitted by Claire @ Book Lovers Pizza)


*I'm basically considering this my last 10 DNFs...that I recorded. There have been other DNF's where I may not have written a review, those were ones that I didn't even make to the 50 page mark, so they totally escaped my memory.
**you'll notice I didn't start DNFing more until recently!
***these will start with the most recent and end with the oldest...I then stopped once I reached 10...not sure how much further I could've gone either! lol


10. WHERE DREAMS DESCEND by Janella Angeles--(2020) I really can't remember why I DNF'd this one and it was one of the last ones I DNF'd too! I think the pacing was a bit slow and I was already getting aggravated by the world-building because it wasn't making sense to me.
9. CHOSEN ONES by Veronica Roth--(2020) I gave this one up to part 2, which is likely when things would've finally picked up. Honestly, part 1 felt too much like a prologue to get the characters on the course that the story would take. Plus there were intermittent chapters that were transcript like that were about the past, some might have been current, but I felt like these were detracting from the story, for me at least.
8. A MADNESS OF SUNSHINE by Nalini Singh--(2019) I guess I went into this one thinking it was going to be a thriller, instead it was more of a mystery and a slow one at that.


7. INTO THE CROOKED PLACE by Alexandra Christo--(2019) Honestly, I don't remember why I DNF'd this one. Pacing maybe? Usually it's a pacing or world-building issue for me.
6. A BLADE SO BLACK by L.L. McKinney--(2018) Honestly, I should've listened to the DNF reviews. This did a lot of time jumping, like it starts at point A, then 10 pages later it's X YEARS later, and then a few pages later it's X months later or something like that. It was just too much and I kept wondering when the action would start and it never did other than training.
5. THESE REBEL WAVES by Sara Raasch--(2018) I think this was another pacing issue. Again, I'm so bad at remembering my DNF books. There's a reason why I DNF'd them...I just can't always remember years later! Lol.


4. THE KINGDOM by Jess Rothenberg--(2019) I think this one just confused me a bit. Perhaps it was too futuristic for me?
 3. CIRCLE OF SHADOWS by Evelyn Skye--(2019) wow, I can't remember why I stopped this one. Had to be pacing.
2. ONCE UPON A DREAM by Liz Braswell--(2016) yes, 2016! This one was definitely pacing, I just wasn't sure where the story was going. But I've loved the next two in this series, so it's not all bad!


1. INK AND BONE by Rachel Caine--(2015) I wanted to like this one! I mean, it has BOOKS in it! But I think this might have been a pacing issue. It's been so long, I can't really remember. It was then that I came to the conclusion I just might not be able to get into Rachel's YA books despite loving her adult books. Go figure.





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!