Aug 27, 2021

Book Blogger Hop


 This meme is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict!

 

This week's question is: How young do you think children should be when they start reading? (submitted by Julie @ JadeSky)

 

MY ANSWER: As young as they want to be! Really whenever the urge sparks in them! Not all of us were born readers or started early and that's totally okay! It's whenever you read that one book or had that one book read to you that makes you crave more! More of that genre, more of that character type, more from that author, whatever the case might be! 

Growing up I was read to as a child and I started reading on my own at the usual age! I liked fairy tales a lot, though retellings weren't that popular back then. I read other books that I liked but can't say made me love reading. I just enjoyed it back then to past the time. Then I was 13 when I read that famous book I mention so much, Demon in My View. It made me crave more vampires which then led to werewolves, witches, demons, ghosts, and all the rest!

In some respect, I say I became a "reader" when I was 13 because that was when my craving started. Prior to then I was a causal reader and yes, I read Harry Potter before this book and loved it, but I still say the bug didn't bite until this particular book. Saved a good amount of allowance until that moment! Lol!

So in short, there's no "right" age for a child/teenager/adult to become a reader. It's whenever the "right" book is read!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!