Aug 26, 2021

Random Thursday

 

So far I'd say that this Pop Culture chapter in True Facts That Sound Like Bull$#*t by Shane Carley is my favorite! It at least mentions things I'm familiar with! Lol!


(image borrowed from Slate Magazine)

In the old black and white movies, chocolate syrup was used in place of fake blood for it "filmed" better than the corn syrup stuff!


I feel like I remember hearing this some years back! You can totally see it too! lol



(image borrowed from Rolling Stone)


Led Zeppelin wrote many songs about The Lord of the Rings, such as "Ramble On," "The Battle of Evermore," and "Misty Mountain Hop." There are clear references to the novel in all of these songs. Many people speculate other songs contain more subtle references too.


Never read the books...or saw the movies, so this would be lost on me. But I'll take Shane's word for it! Lol!



(image borrowed from Britannica)

Paul McCartney once released an album under the name Percy "Thrills" Thrillington and called the album Thrillington.



(image borrowed from Biography)

Ringo Starr was the original narrator on the show, Thomas the Tank Engine.


Whoa! I know I watched a few episodes of this growing up...but could not say if it was reruns with him as the narrator! So who knows! Likely not. Lol.



(image borrowed from BBC)

When Sean Connery played James Bond, he always wore a wig.


I never saw these original films, so I guess I would never know it! Lol.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!