Aug 15, 2021

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

Another week of meh. No calls for interviews. Work still stinks. Saw Brigid Kemmerer is going on tour and she's actually going to be in Milwaukee the same weekend there's a fall festival near my aunt's which is like less than an hour away from the city. So I'm debating about going up there for a long weekend! Though oddly enough I only have 1 book unsigned by Brigid since I was ordering signed books lately due to COVID. I even already preordered a personalized copy of her next release, soooo yeah. Hence my debating about it. Yesterday I was able to go to another book fair, this one was used books, so no library markings and whatnot. Sadly they chose a smaller venue this time, I think because their usual location was being used as a vaccine spot--at least it was a month or two ago--but this place was smaller and there was not as much room between tables and it was just so crowded! Looking at book fairs like this gives me anxiety as it's soooo disorganized, there are boxes under tables with more books and not all spines are facing out. They really needed the bigger venue, so hopefully next year they can be in their usual location which was honestly a lot easier to get to and there was just more room to be able to walk around and see all the books.

I didn't get a big ol' bag or stack or cart's worth. As I said, it's hard to see the titles and whatnot and when someone is blocking an entire aisle with their shopping cart, it's just too stressful to try to see all the tables I might have wanted to visit. I checked out the YA and Sci-Fi/Fantasy tables mostly.

So here's the one book I walked out with...which was actually on my GR list and it's kind of hard to find. I mean yes, it's a kindle book and Amazon does have it in stock for $20+ but I got it for $3!!


The Vampire Stalker by Allison van Diepen



And that was it for me! I didn't find as many treasures as I had hoped at the book fair, but that's okay. I honestly can't handle too much disorganization on TOP of super crowded aisles and very little room to maneuver around. 

What all did you get this week?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!