Aug 3, 2021

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"It was magnificent, in a shocking terrible sort of way. Thousands of knives and daggers covered the surface, packed so close they looked like silver stalks of grass. Mulan couldn't see their hilts, but the blades were all shiny and clean. Not a smear or speck of blood." p 152

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: Reflection
AUTHOR: Elizabeth Lim

PUBLISHER: Disney-Hyperion
GENRE: Disney Retelling
RELEASE DATE: March 27, 2018





Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

 

 This week's topic is: Top Ten Titles or Covers That Made Me Want to Read/Buy the Book


*in no particular order


TITLES:

10. HELLWORLD by Tom Leveen--I mean seriously, how can this title not make you at least pick it up? This one was creepy weird too!
9. STALKING JACK THE RIPPER by Kerri Maniscalco--I remembered when I heard about this one and I was sooooo for it!
8. THERE'S SOMEONE INSIDE YOUR HOUSE by Stephanie Perkins--I mean the title alone tells you you're in for a creepy thriller!



7. CURSED edited by Marie
O'Regan--the title already told me it would be magical, further learning told me it was fairy tale retellings and I was sold! Still need to read it too!
6. FOR THE WOLF by Hannah Whitten--another one to read still! But the title already clued me in that it was something sacrificial like and the description also gave me that idea but with possibility of romance! Of course the cover also played a role after hearing that title and I was like whoa!


COVERS:



5. BLACK CITY by Elizabeth Richards--anyone else remember this one? The cover was just gorgeous! Learned that they froze a rose then shattered it and caught the image like thus! So pretty!
4. HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE by Jeaniene Frost--that one beautiful day at Borders when I saw this amazing cover that proclaimed of a vampire related story and several favorite authors had blurbed it and I was pretty much sold!
3. CRAVE by Tracy Wolff--the likeness to a certain other YA vampire story had me a little worried, but the cover was so pretty AND I enjoyed Tracy's other books, so I took the deep dive on it and fell in love!




2. THE WICKED DEEP by Shea Ernshaw--this cover was just sooo pretty! It grabbed my attention right away!
1. 13 TO LIFE by Shannon Delany--you're not surprised right? This was the first case of cover love I've ever really had because oh wow, it still captivates me after all this time!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!