Aug 10, 2021

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"The dark room was the worst part of the bunker. Nothing penetrated it. Not light. Not sound. Nothing. There was only a blackness so overpowering it felt like it would crush you. It felt like it would pour through your nose and your mouth and your eyes and drown you." p 71*


*Quote comes from the ARC, therefore it and its page number are not final.

 

 

 

 

TITLE: The Buried
AUTHOR: Melissa Grey

PUBLISHER: Scholastic Press
GENRE: YA Horror
RELEASE DATE: September 7, 2021




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

 

This week's topic is: Top Ten Secondary/Minor Characters Who Deserve More Love 


*in no particular order



10. PIPPA--we all know that's coming SOON!
9. LISSA--I mean I know she was secondary in some sense and kind of held Rose back at times but I wouldn't have minded one book for her!
8. CASSANDRA--she was meant to have a book at one point I think, but the series went in another direction. I would've loved at least one book for Cass.


7. ANSEL--I haven't received either of my book box copies of Gods & Monsters yet, so no spoilers on this one please! But yeah, I felt like Ansel deserved a little more.
6. KATIE--she came late into the game, but I'd always hoped for more for her! Though I *think* she might be in Hex on the Beach, so more reason to get to that one asap!
5. CASSIUS--my memory of him was brief, that he wasn't really in the store for long since he was so mysterious. I wouldn't really call him secondary, but he definitely needed a little more spotlight!




4. ARI & JANCO--I love these two from this series! I totally think they needed their own book! If memory serves Ari and Janco both got a little more page time in some serial novellas, but it's been so long since I read them, plus they just need more overall! Lol.
3. DEE--I kind of feel like Dee might have needed more page time too. I can only vaguely recall her end of the series...but I feel like she deserved more too.
2. TAWNY--she wasn't around much for the first book but I feel like she needs more page time too! Or that there could be more to her story! Again, no spoilers for the third book as I still need to read that one! I'm almost caught up! Lol.




1. THE FATES--we got Jacks his own book of course, but I feel like there's potential with the other Fates too. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!