Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.
What a week! This week was crazy, both with good things and not so good things! Work continues to be busy which is both a blessing and a curse I suppose. Then Thursday Adalyn Grace and Kaylie Smith came to St. Louis for a visit and I LOVED it! I finally got to see Adalyn in a conversation styled signing and it was awesome! I love Kaylie's books too and while I've read both of her adult ones, I still need to read her YA, but naturally, all my copies were already signed, but I got to get the rest of my books by Adalyn signed which is always nice! Lol. And then I started getting copies of Stephanie's book FINALLY! And ohh, I am LOVING what she is doing with this one!
And then FINALLY, the BIG ONE...I am officially a homeowner!! I closed on my townhouse and I officially have a home...that I can't quite live in just yet! Lol. My parents want to help me fix it up. There was some carpeting upstairs that was kind of smelly, so yesterday we spent most of the day tearing it up and basically trying to get it ready for when we install new flooring. We're going to make a few other updates and such throughout the place, including the basement which will be my LIBRARY room! The room I have been DREAMING about throughout my search for a house! And I am SOOO excited to get going on that! But we're basically taking this one level at a time, a piece at a time. We're hoping I can possibly get moved in officially next month. Luckily, I still have a place to live until we can make my new home livable! I will definitely share some pictures soon. Right now I just barely remembered to get all my "before" pics in, one was right after we already ripped up one section of carpet and I was like ahh, I forgot my BEFORE pic! So it's a halfy on that one, but you'll get the idea of it at least! Lol.
But now onto the goodies that I did get because oh my! This was a very special week! As you know it was the release of Stephanie Garber's book! My #1 MOST ANTICIPATED read for 2026! Sadly, I could not attend any of Stephanie's tour stops for it. I REALLY wanted to. Like before I was even putting an offer in on my new home I was researching flights but they were all too expensive and the closest stops were still like a 10 hour drive and we're still busy at work and I am just one of those terrible people who doesn't want to leave the team one woman down for two days, even though apparently everyone else is fine with it. Go figure. I know. I'm weird. I took maybe two half days for October and still felt a wee bit guilty, but I told myself, I'm still coming in for a few hours each day, so it's not as bad as needing to be gone for 2-3 whole days depending on what would've been my traveling situations. Hopefully I can see Stephanie next year. I mean, yes, I did get to see her in July, but I didn't have any TMOIE on me obviously and I really would like at least one or two signed TMOIE by her...
But back on track...onto the goods...
Kiss of the Black Flame by Helen Scheuerer--Target Ed. I think it has exclusive content? I wasn't real clear on its exclusivity feature when I ordered during one of their B2G1 sales.
Kissed by the Gods by Caty Rogan--my mom signed up for a month of prime, so I snagged it while it was half off!
Harbinger by Geneva Lee
Dead Beat by Leigh Bardugo--SIGNED! Leigh actually came here on tour, but since there was no meet and greet, no photo line and no signing line, I opted to just order a signed copy.
Dead Beat by Leigh Bardugo--B&N Ed. SIGNED! Because I have a problem where if I start the series off by getting the B&N edition then I have to have them both...and since I really wanted it to be signed too, I ordered it from one of the stores she toured at! Lol.
The Wretched Divine by Adalyn Grace--SIGNED! B&N ed! See above reasoning for needing this edition as well as...
The Wretched Divine by Adalyn Grace--SIGNED! Adalyn came here on tour as well! And since there was a conversation, a signing and photo line I definitely went to this one and had a blast! I was tired the next day, but oh well. Lol.
The Mirror of Infinite Endings by Stephanie Garber--SIGNED! Past me preordered this one at Stephanie's Indie store. Present me was very happy about this! Lol.
The Mirror of Infinite Endings by Stephanie Garber--B&N edition! Yes, this was why we get the "Double Vision" in this week's StS haul title! Lol.
The Mirror of Infinite Endings by Stephanie Garber--an unsigned edition...but look at the back endpages! It was printed upside down! This was the first copy I received and I wasn't 100% certain it was a blooper copy at first because the book was very...twisty. Lol.
The Mirror of Infinite Endings by Stephanie Garber--Waterstones ed! THE PIE! Yes, I have more copies incoming in hopes of getting all 4 within the 6-7 copies that I ordered! A friend has helped me secure the Tesco edition and that has a different hidden cover, so I am halfway there! Lol.
Tarot style character cards from Dead Beat
bookmarks
stickers
postcard
a lenticular bookmark





























No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!