Sep 20, 2026

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.


Survived another week. It was yet another rough one. Work is still pretty busy, but luckily we were all there this week. I didn't receive any updates this week regarding my closing date which seemed odd, but because I was so busy at work it didn't really hit me until Friday evening that I didn't have my weekly update or an update on this next round of disclosures that I need to sign that I was told would be updated because besides the address one or two other things needed to be corrected. I still need to know the amount of cash to bring to closing which is Friday as I have to get that taken care of this week at the bank. So yeah. Just headaches all around it seems! Lol. Then it's trying to get things worked out so my parents and I can get things going on the little bit of updating that we want to do before I move in. Mostly replacing the carpeting upstairs and getting the basement ready for my library! Lol. Sadly, it seems the publishers forgot all about little old me when it came to sending out early copies of Stephanie's TMOIE. Seeing those popup on Instagram was the sharpest of knives into my heart. And then all weekend long I was checking my email to see when my copies would ship and of course, every single title OTHER than TMOIE was shipping left and right and even my indie edition wasn't going to ship until release day and I've NO clue when my UK ones would ship as they apparently have to wait until release day too. So yeah...not the best of weeks. But it is what it is. I did get to go to one signing this week to see Victoria Aveyard! I saw her last time around when she came for the end of her Realmbreaker series which I still need to read! I even ran into Rachelle from Shell's Stories! So that was the one bit of fun I had this past week! I've another signing to see Adalyn Grace and Kaylie Smith this week! This will be the first time I get to see Adalyn in a signing like setting and hear her talk since the last two times were at signing only type events. I mean there was a panel at those, but I didn't get to attend as I was usually in another signing line! Lol.


Here's what I got this week:



Deadly Little Lessons by Danielle Valentine
The Emperor's Enemy by Jasmine Mas--really need to read this one asap so I can determine if I need the other editions! Lol.
Tempest by Victoria Aveyard--
SIGNED!



Then I got this one for free in Liesl West's newsletter:


Of Ink and Envy by Liesl West



Then I got my Fairy Loot book for this month! This one sounded intriguing enough to get it and I learned the author will be here next month at an event, so I can get it signed at least! The cover is just so-so, I'll have to see if the flipside was better or just keep it as is.




Then I popped into a TJ Maxx and though I've told myself among the many things I do not need more of are tote bags and blankets...I bought another tote bag!



It's a tarot card style of the one we all need: The Reader! It was the good quality fabric bag too. I've gotten plenty of those really lightweight chinsy bags that can barely hold anything, but this one can hold a decent amount of weight, so I had to get it really! Lol.





And that was it for me this week! What did you get?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!