Aug 29, 2017

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


Enjoying this collection of stories so far! It's great being back in the Lunar world! Though of course, I'm left scratching my head over a few names that I can't recall if are familiar or not! LOL!


"This was only the second time Carswell Thorne stopped to ponder one Kate Fallow. The first time, he wondered why she liked books so much, and if it had anything to do with why he liked spaceships. Because they could take you somewhere far, far away from here." p 136













TITLE: Stars Above: Carswell's Guide to Being Lucky
AUTHOR: Marissa Meyer
PUBLISHER: Feiwel & Friends
GENRE: Sci-Fi/Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: February 2, 2016




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.




This week's topic is: Top Ten Hidden Gem Books in Fantasy
 
 
*in no particular order
 
 
10. STRANDS OF BRONZE AND GOLD by Jane Nickerson--a lovely little retelling of the Bluebeard story! Been years since I read this one but I remember loving it!
9. BECKONING LIGHT by Alyssa Rose Ivy--a NA fantasy series where Charlotte discovers a gateway in her backyard that leads to a fantasy land! There's quite a bit of mystery and intrigue to this one too!
8. FORGED IN STONE by Alyssa Rose Ivy--a spinoff from the previously mentioned trilogy! This time James and Ainsley have their own struggles and new obstacles to overcome in this fantasy world!


7. ENCHANTED by Alethea Kontis--I still need to read the third book and some other spinoff type ones that come from the same world! This one here though was a remarkable fairy tale retelling of The Princess and the Frog!
6. SHADOW BOUND by Erin Kellison--a dark fantasy for adults, there's a definite feel of fairy tales in this one. I believe there was Sleeping Beauty and I also noted Beauty and the Beast and Cupid and Psyche within it too!
5. PRINCESS OF THORNS by Stacey Jay--a YA retelling of Sleeping Beauty! Definitely far from the classic one, but amazing all the same!


4. POISON STUDY by Maria V. Snyder--perhaps not so hidden anymore as I talk about it a LOT in these kinds of posts! A fun fantasy filled with action, magic, romance and quite a few laughs too! Remarkable storytelling and basically the book that got me hooked on fantasy! Lol!
3. STORM GLASS by Maria V. Snyder--one that seems to be more hidden! This series took place after the events of the first Study trilogy! I enjoyed Opal's character a lot as well! Lots of twists and surprises in this one still coupled with good action, romance, and magic!
2. TOUCH OF POWER by Maria V. Snyder--Maria's first trilogy outside the Study world! Still remarkable! It's a new world with new rules and new magic! But still lovable characters and an enthralling story!


1. A PROMISE OF FIRE by Amanda Bouchet--perhaps this one isn't quite hidden anymore! It's getting there! I only recently read it but I was hooked after reading one or two reviews! Still need to read the second one!! Eek!







15 comments:

  1. That is so the reason I like books so much! Great teaser!

    As for your hidden gems I absolutely adore A Promise of Fire. So good!

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enchanted has been on my TBR for a long while. I have the book, but sadly, it is unread. I hope to read it soon though, because seriously, how beautiful is that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read Strands of bronze and gold as also all Maria V. Snyder books! A promise of Fire is an amazing read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these yet but I do own A Promise of Fire (and keep promising myself I'll read it soon) and just came across Strands of Bronze and Gold in a secondhand shop and bought it! Going to add a few others to my TBR! :)

    Stacy Renee @ Lazy Day Lit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome top ten~ :) I need to finally read the rest of the Poison Study series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Princess of Thorns, I have it on my ereader but haven't started it yet. Have to try again since it made your list! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great gems. They are all new to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree Touch of Power is a great hidden gem!
    I have not heard of Beckoning Light, but I added it to my Goodreads TBR. It sounds amazing!
    Thanks for sharing
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why are there so many I haven't read ??? lol Princess of Thorns has a neat cover, and so does Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Got to get my hands on Stars Above. I adored The Lunar Chronicles Series!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poison Study sounds so good, can't wait to finally get to it.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/08/29/top-ten-tuesday-122/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to read Enchanted so bad! I met the author last year and she was so nice! Great list :D

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list! A Promise of Fire has been on my tbr for awhile. I feel like its one that I'm going to love!

    Thank you for stopping by our TTT at Owl Always Be Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent list of books! And I love the idea of the teaser, what a fun addition.

    Here is our TTT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Promise of Fire sounds sooo awesome! I havent read any of these but some of them are on my tbr.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!