Oct 30, 2018

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


 
Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
 
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE 
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"A scream cuts off Iker's answer. Annemette. Both Iker and I whip our heads toward Annemette and Nik. They are closer to the crows, Annemette crouching in the sand, Nik staggering a bit before falling to his knees, clutching his stomach. Standing before them is Malvina, hands in front of her body as if they just released a dagger." p 142











TITLE: Sea Witch
AUTHOR: Sarah Henning
PUBLISHER: Katherine Tegen Books
GENRE: Fairytale Retellings
RELEASE DATE: July 31, 2018



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


This week's topic is: HALLOWEEN FREEBIE: Top Ten Scary Books on My TBR Pile

*in no particular order



10. WELCOME TO THE DARK HOUSE by Laurie Faria Stolarz--I loved Laurie's first series so I picked up her other books over the years as well! When I knew this was a duology I held off reading it right away, so of course now I am behind!
9. CONTAGION by Erin Bowman--I was super excited to read this one after some stellar reviews, but then people mentioned the C-word. Yes, CLIFFHANGERS! It basically made me want to hold off on reading this one once I get the final book in my hands as well!
8. THE MERCILESS II by Danielle Vega--so I've basically only read the first one, but I want to read the rest! All three of the remaining books!


7. LAIR OF DREAMS by Libba Bray--still need to get caught up with this series! The Diviners was awesome! But man, these books keep getting intimidatingly long!
6. THE HAUNTING OF SUNSHINE GIRL by Paige McKenzie--a series I picked up whimsical like but have yet to start!  
5. HELLWORLD by Tom Leveen--I heard good things about this one! It sounded super creepy and I sooo can't wait to read it!


4. THE WOMEN IN THE WALLS by Amy Lukavics--I've had this one for too long! Amy's first book was pretty eerie so I'm hoping for a bigger scare factor with this one! I mean look at the cover!
3. THE TELLING by Alexandra Sirowy--this one looked pretty creepy too. I liked her first book so I naturally picked this one up!
2. NIL by Lynne Matson--this one sounds really creepy! I mean a sentient island?! I soooo can't wait to binge this series!


1. 72 HOURS by Bella Jewel--this one sounds creepy and intense!! But yeah...there's some issue with that cover! Lol.





6 comments:

  1. I've only read the first Merciless book too so I need to keep going. I've read Lair of Dreams - it's really good! - but I need to read the third one still. They really are long reads though!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read The Haunting of Sunshine Girl. It sounds so good.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually read Sunshine Girl. I remember the ending being really good. I have to finish those books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Contagion is awesomesauce- hope you enjoy when you get to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you like them all! I tried to read The Women In The Walls but gave up because it was too slow.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you've got to read Contagion! Its such a good book!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!