Nov 6, 2018

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
 
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE 
4. Name the title, author, etc.


Since I didn't have time to get a teaser in from my current read, here's a quote I liked from my last read!

"'I am always surprised to discover that when the world seems darkest, there exists the greatest opportunity for light.'" p 246*


*Quote comes from the ARC, therefore it and its page number are not final











TITLE: A Curse So Dark and Lonely
AUTHOR: Brigid Kemmerer
PUBLISHER: Bloomsbury YA
GENRE: Contemporary Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: January 29, 2019



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


This week's topic is: Backlist Books I Want to Read


*in no particular order


10. THE FIREBIRD TRILOGY by Claudia Gray--I STILL need to finish this trilogy! I read the first one as an ARC so I am REALLY behind!
9. THE SPELLCASTER TRILOGY by Claudia Gray--this one I still need to start! I got the first book while at a book convention and then picked up the other two at Book Outlet! So yeah...I need a binge marathon!
 8. THE OTHERS SERIES by Christine Warren--fell massively behind in this series! I need to get back to this series as well as start her other series that just keep coming out! Lol.


7. THE PRECIOUS STONE TRILOGY by Kerstin Gier--I won this first book wayyyy back in the early days of blogging, so I massively behind in getting around to reading it!
6. TOUCH SERIES by Laurie Faria Stolarz--I kept finding these books at Half Price Books so I decided to give it a try...at some point!
5. DOROTHY MUST DIE SERIES by Danielle Paige--another series I need to finish! Ironically I read all the prequel novellas...I just need to read these last two books!


4. ALIENATED TRILOGY by Melissa Landers--after reading Starfall, I thought that this series sounded like fun too, so I picked that up at a signing when I met Melissa two years ago!
3. THE CAGE TRILOGY by Megan Shepherd--another series that sounded like fun. I always decide to wait to binge a series when the books are all out and then when they're all out I can't seem to make time for them! Story of my life! Lol.
2. MYTHOS ACADEMY SERIES by Jennifer Estep--a series I practically picked up entirely at RT conventions over the years. Still need to read it too!


1. MIDNIGHT TEXAS by Charlaine Harris--I read the first book before the TV show started, but have yet to get around to reading the last two and now she has a new series out that sounds rather cool too!





 

12 comments:

  1. I abandoned the Dorothy series. I liked the first book, but then, I don't know, it was just too angsty for me. I am a fan of the Mythos series, and though I loved the first book in the Alienated series, the other books were just OK for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when I have lots of books I've collected from conventions or won in contests, books with fabulous covers and great plots. Why is it that I don't get around to reading them? I should treat books like I do clothes and give them away if they haven't been read in a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Firebird Trilogy has been on my TBR for FOREVER and I heard nothing but great things.

    I hope you get to read all of your backlist goodies!

    Thanks for sharing,
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of the Dorothy must die series before, but now I am intrigued! Here is my list of backlogged books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've yet to finish the Alienated trilogy (I'll probably have to re-read the first two books because after so long I don't remember much).

    Happy readings! ;)
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy A Curse So Dark and Lonely! I also really want to read Deadly Little Secret!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh nice quote! I remember seeing the Gier books around a lot a few years ago, and Claudia Gray's Firebird looks good also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Curse So Dark and Lonely is beautiful. I may have to add that one to the TBR. I have yet to finish the Alienated series. So many books, so little time!

    https://pandaluvsbooks.wordpress.com/2018/11/06/top-ten-tuesday-backlist-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I want to try that trilogy by Claudia Gray. I love her Star Wars books, I have been meaning to check out her other stuff!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its so easy to fall behind! I really enjoyed Deadly Little Secret when I read it years ago but then I never finished the series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to read The Firebrand Trilogy too---I almost put that one on my list, but then decided to stick to books I own (since that still left me with PLENTY to choose from).

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  12. Most of these are new to me, although I have heard of Dorothy Must Die. I hope you can get to them all soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!