Apr 26, 2020

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.


Well, another week down while living in a COVID19 world. On Monday, I decided I needed a break. So I put in PTO for Friday and Monday and I have to say I am soooooooooo enjoying myself though I'm homebound. I managed to read a book in two days which was more like one and half days and more like my old reading speed and it was wonderful! I could've done without my old dog interrupting me by needing up for numerous reasons. Poor baby has hip issues and can't get up on his own anymore. Maybe like 1% of the time he can get up...usually when he's outside and angled on the slight hill we have in the backyard. Since I'm taking Monday off, next week is a 4-day week and I'm up for that! Lol. Wondering how many vacation days I have right now...might need to take another one next month. I'm feeling hesitant about planning any fall trips this year because of everything going on right now. It's a scary year right now.


This week I bought:


NOTHING!!


Yes, this week I didn't get a single book! I didn't buy any, no preorders came in, didn't get approved for any galleys...I was rejected for one my most anticipated summer reads! There was only 2 in that category...so yeah, being rejected for one was devastating!


I did get some cool preorder swag though:


My preorder gift for Crave!! Sadly, I didn't win the airpods, but notepads are still narly!


Then this wasn't so much preorder gift related, but book/tour gift related! Every Hallows book, Kim Harrison had a little gift that you got when she went on tour that was tied to the book she wrote. Since her release is in June...she might not go on tour :( but she decided to create a gift item that could be easily mailed within a SASE, so naturally, I sent mine in!

This is a little shopping bag from a store the heroine frequents. Since I pretty much have every swag piece Kim every created, I was happy to add it to my collection!


Then not at all book related but 100% Disney related, here's my latest Disney purchase:


Well, when Disney put this The Little Mermaid necklace that I had been eyeing on sale, I pretty much couldn't say no! I took this picture for the review I wrote for the website. The pendant is a tad smaller than I anticipated but I still think it's gorgeous!




And that my friends, was it! What all did you get this week?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!