Apr 14, 2020

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.




"Fiona moved, said something--to me or the guards, I didn't know. I didn't understand it, the sound muffled as though I was underwater, my head and ears filled with cotton. All I knew was the pain. Two more shots were fired, followed by a sensation reminding me of a needle piercing skin and flesh, and then...nothing.

Everything went dark, the pain gone, all my thoughts ceasing." Kindle loc. 17%*


*This quote comes from the eARC, therefore it and its location are not final.





TITLE: Fractures
AUTHOR: Alice Reeds
PUBLISHER: Entangled Teen
GENRE: YA Mystery/Thriller
RELEASE DATE: July 6, 2020 




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 


This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I Enjoyed but Rarely Talk About


*in no particular order
**I feel like the reason why I no longer talk about these books anymore is the passage of time and a very, very poor memory! Lol!


10. WICKED AS THEY COME by Delilah S. Dawson--this was one of my favorite series! I guess you could call it a twisted adult version of Alice in Wonderland meets the paranormal circus! It's been sooo long since I read the books though. I do have the final one that came out some odd years ago on my kindle to read. It was a really fun paranormal read!
9. MOONGLOW by Kristen Callihan--this was one those rare sort of historical paranormal romance! This was yet another fun series that followed three sisters (to start) before expanding into the greater world!
8. CRUEL BEAUTY by Rosamund Hodge--I still need to read her companion novel to this one! I really enjoyed this fresh take on TB&TB, but I find I rarely mention it anymore.


7. ANGELFALL by Susan Ee--this was one of those series everyone was talking about at the time and now I can't quite remember it all. I remember it was post-apocalyptic setting with angels and of course that forbidden romance between human and angel. I remember loving it! But little else...besides the mom being a little crazy, but then it all makes sense later! 
6. THE BEAUTIFUL AND THE CURSED by Page Morgan--GARGOYLES!!!! GARGOYLES!! I remember loving this one way back at the time...but now my memory has sort of fizzled on the rest. 
5. DARKFEVER by Karen Marie Moning--a series I am still continuing ever so slowly. I think I'm just one book behind really...so not too bad even with the next one coming out this year. I'm not sure why I don't talk about this series all that much. I love it though!


4. MY SOUL TO TAKE by Rachel Vincent--omg, I used to talk about this series all the time with friends on the long ago discussion board on Rachel's old site. But then when that board disappeared and a new one took its place...I found myself not participating as much. Ironically, that was probably around the time my blogging life took off! I mean, I was blogging and discussing on the board at the same time, but more blog focused when the board disappeared.
3. THE DARK WORLD by Cara Shultz--I looooved this one once I read it! Ghosts, ghostly worlds parallel to ours...then I guess sales weren't great and it was canceled, though Goodreads still claims there's a second book. And I think it's the pain of a cancelled series that makes it hard to talk about. Especially after time and you can't remember everything about said book.
2. ISLE OF NIGHT by Veronica Wolff--a school for vampires and their watchers...so maybe a little like Vampire Academy, but this one was basically on an island in the middle of nowhere and Annelise had to prove herself or you know, she wouldn't survive. It was a series I positively loved and loved even more when a self-pubbed finale was released a few years back...and yet, I guess I don't talk about it anymore. 


1. INTO THE DIM by Janet B. Taylor--a sort of Outlander for teens you could say! I don't know why this series fizzled out after two books, especially when the second one had a HUGE cliffhanger. So you can imagine the pain in my heart and soul when I realized a third book was forever unlikely. Going back to that pain, I think that's why I don't talk about this one as much.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!