Mar 23, 2021

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

“‘They seem…unaware. Our soldiers did not engage.’ She pauses. ‘They don’t know where she came from.’” p 271


 

 

 

 

 

 


 

TITLE: A Vow So Bold and Deadly
AUTHOR: Brigid Kemmerer
PUBLISHER: Bloomsbury YA
GENRE: YA Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: January 26, 2021



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

 

This week's topic is: Top Ten Funny Book Titles

 

*in no particular order
**some are "funny" in the fun, cute sort of way! lol




10. ALICE IN ZOMBIELAND by Gena Showalter--gotta love the play on words with a classic!
9. DEAD WITCH WALKING by Kim Harrison--I love that Kim's books are always a play on Clint Eastwood films!
8. A DEADLY EDUCATION by Naomi Novik--I don't know why but this makes me chuckle...guess going back with the whole high school is hell kind of thing! Lol.
 
 
 

7. KILL THE FARM BOY by Delilah S. Dawson & Kevin Hearne--this one makes me laugh bc the book was so funny itself. And of course thinking, NOT WESTLEY!
6. SLASHER GIRLS AND MONSTER BOYS edited by April Genevieve Tucholke--I guess it's funny in a morbid way? I don't know...it made me chuckle. Lol.
5. SOME GIRLS BITE by Chloe Neill--an ironic one because vampires, vampire bite you. lol

 





4. STALKING JACK THE RIPPER by Kerri Maniscalco--since Jack the Ripper usually did the stalking I thought it a little funny that this one was Stalking JACK THE RIPPER! I've got a weird sense of humor folks!
3. DOROTHY MUST DIE by Danielle Paige--this title totally grabbed me because you know, we thought Dorothy was the hero, so what the what?! Still makes me chuckle too! Lol.
2. BLOOD BATH & BEYOND by Michelle Rowen--gotta love those play on words!!




1. GHOULS JUST HAUNT TO HAVE FUN by Victoria Laurie--I loved all these titles, but this one was one of my faves!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!