Jun 17, 2012

Stacking the Shelves

This weekly meme is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!


I was bad, so very very bad! :)

I added wayyy too many books to my TBR mountain, including review books! I long to read my earlier 2012 releases, but I am so behind!

Here's how I was bad this week:



For review--which I can't really help! ;) --I got:


 Dearly, Beloved by Lia Habel (ARC)
The Blood Keeper by Tessa Gratton (ARC)
Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter (ARC)--I was quoted in this from my Twisted review!! 




Books I bought myself were: 



  
The Taken by Vicki Pettersson
The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
Vengeance Moon by Lee Roland
The Hunter and The Hunted by Kelley Armstrong*
Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown


*I admit to buying this one purely because Kelley was having a promo where you get this wicked awesome bookmark signed! So shamelessly, I bought this!



And not really book related, but still so awesome I bought two necklaces from two different Etsy shops because they were just so wicked awesome!



The pendant on the left is a Dargon's Eye! I saw it as I was reading Hidden and thought, I have to have it! It came from Shadows and Spirits!

The pendant on the right is called Belle's Trinket. There was a short little passage, saying that this is what Belle held while in the Beast's castle. It was her mother's and it was the only she had of hers. I thought it was pretty! And since it is based on something from the fairy tale--not the Disney movie since Disney bans mothers for the princesses--I thought why not! This came from Peacock Tres Chic!




And that was my fabulous hoard this week! All very nice! But OMG, my TBR pile is outrageously insane!! It never used to be this insane!

What did you get?




27 comments:

  1. Wow, Alice in Zombieland sounds amazing! I really have to read that. Lies Beneath and The Taken look like great books too.

    Here is my weekly round up post.
    Lauren from Northern Plunder

    ReplyDelete
  2. My TBR is always insane. I buy waaaaay faster than I read. I think Lies Beneath looks awesome.

    I still need to read Dearly, Departed. I need to do some serious reading as well, but I have a trip coming up. I'll be gone for like a week. This summer is flying by!

    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read Alice - and how awesome on the quote!

    Our Media Mail post is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh I'm jealous, I want Alice in Zombieland!!!! really I need it lol. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely necklaces!! :) I'm also thinking about ordering a necklace from Etsy.

    And yay for Lies Beneath!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got Dearly, Beloved too. Can't wait to read it and get more Bram :). I also enjoyed Lies Beneath. I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great selection. I'll be eager to hear what you think about Lies Beneath. I read it and would like some other opinions. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alice in Wonderland sounds really interesting!! Can't wait to read your review :)

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!! Have an awesome weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got some really good books. Alice in Zombieland looks good. Great haul.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Golden Lily! I really, really want to get that one. When I get some time, that's a must-have. And Alice in Zombieland looks awesome! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on that.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Alyssa
    Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jessica nice haul! Alice in zombieland sound wicked. I need to check on that one. Lovely cover too! On another note, I so love browsing on etsy too! Heheheh great necklaces. Here's what I got this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for Dearly Beloved and wow for Alice! Did you get it from NetGalley/Edelweiss? I hope you like the golden lily. Awesome books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg quoted in alice in zombieland, that is SO awesome!! congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alice in Zombieland, eek! What a fantastic haul, Jessica! I hope you enjoy all your reads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I signed up for an ARC tour of Alice In Zombieland the book sounds so good! I also can't wait to read Lies Beneath! I hope you enjoy everything you got this week and thanks for checking out my IMM =)

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohh, you have so many wonderful books! I've had my eye on The Taken for a while now, thanks for the reminder, I'll go preorder now. I have Golden Lily on the way, and I too received a copy of Dearly, Beloved. I'm totally excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like Gena showalter, so I can't wait to see her version of the fairytale. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh Alice in Zombieland! I want to read this one so. flippin. bad!! I hope you love it!

    Great books this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice! So jealous that you have Alice In Zombieland! Lies Beneath sounds really good. Great haul!

    My haul: http://wishingonashootingstarreviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/letterbox-love-1.html

    Happy reading! =D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!! Alice In Zombieland and a quote...EXCELLENT!!!!! I have the other two on digital. Have fun reading these!! Nice lot of Urban Fantasy too. We do love a bit of UF don't we...:D


    MIchelle

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice ... I really wanna read Alice in Zombieland!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Blood Keeper sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOTS of goodies this week! So many that I want to read myself. I hope you enjoy them all! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay, lots of books! I only count review books as my TBR pile, otherwise I'd be overwhelmed. LOL! I have way too many books that I own and haven't read yet. :P

    I've never heard of The Hidden, but it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dang it CAPTCHA ate my comment! Arg. Did you know you have it on? Just wondering.

    Lots of great books this week! I don't count the books I buy as my TBR pile. If I did I'd stress out because I have lots I haven't read. LOL! I get stressed just having a few to review. :P

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG amazing books. I want to read all of them. Like Lies Beneath and Alice in Zombieland.

    Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!