Jun 13, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


Kitty has been tapped as the keynote speaker for the First International Conference on Paranatural Studies, taking place in London. The conference brings together scientists, activists, protestors, and supernatural beings from all over the world—and Kitty, Ben, and Cormac are right in the middle of it.

Master vampires from dozens of cities have also gathered in London for a conference of their own. With the help of the Master of London, Kitty gets more of a glimpse into the Long Game—a power struggle among vampires that has been going on for centuries—than she ever has before. In her search for answers, Kitty has the help of some old allies, and meets some new ones, such as Caleb, the alpha werewolf of the British Isles. The conference has also attracted some old enemies, who’ve set their sights on her and her friends.

All the world’s a stage, and Kitty’s just stepped into the spotlight.


Even though the last few of these books have been kind of lacking for me, I still plan on reading this one! Gotta at least stick to the end of the series--whenever that may be!


TITLE: Kitty Steals the Show
AUTHOR: Carrie Vaughn
PUBLISHER:
Tor Books
GENRE:
Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE:
July 12, 2012



Emma Bannon, Prime sorceress in the service of the Empire, has a mission: to protect Archibald Clare, a failed, unregistered mentath. His skills of deduction are legendary, and her own sorcery is not inconsiderable. It doesn’t much help that they dislike each other, or that Bannon’s Shield, Mikal, might just be a traitor himself. Or that the conspiracy killing registered mentaths and sorcerers alike will just as likely kill them as seduce them into treachery toward their Queen. In an alternate London where illogical magic has turned the Industrial Revolution on its head, Bannon and Clare now face hostility, treason, cannon fire, black sorcery, and the problem of reliably finding hansom cabs.

The game is afoot…


This one sounds awesome! That's all I can think to say!


TITLE: The Iron Wyrm Affair
AUTHOR: Lilith Saintcrow
PUBLISHER:
Orbit
GENRE: Fantasy?--what do you think this should be called?
RELEASE DATE:
August 8, 2012





23 comments:

  1. I haven't read the Kitty Vaughn although I do own most of the books and the Lillith Saintcrow book is definately on my wishlist.
    Great picks.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In an alternate London where illogical magic has turned the Industrial Revolution on its head. Ohh that sounds interesting! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't started the Kitty series, but want to. The Iron Wyrm is on my TBR list too.

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are new to me. Not really my usual type of book, but they do definitely sound tempting! Hope you get them and enjoy them! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Iron Wyrm Affair looks so good, I have read her YA strange angels series and it was so good! The cover gives me a steampunk vibe, I don't know why lol. Thanks for stopping by my blog and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these kinds of people. Magical one that makes me super jealous. Thanks for sharing! I love the name Kitty. XD

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yaay, we have the same book today! Awesome! (Also, I see now that Grave Memory is coming out really soon, I need to get to it and review it!)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! I just came across the Lilith Saintcrow one on Amazon and almost started drooling. It looks so good! Great picks. :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, I just saw the cover for the second book yesterday and it looks really good. Yay for steampunk! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome choices! I must check out the book by Lilith Saintcrow. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. heard of the Kitty series, but have yet to pick them up. Maybe.

    My WOW Post
    Mystifying Paranormal Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting picks. I still need to read some Lillith Saintcrow. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm the same as you - I always read the whole series, even if the latest book wasn't too good - I hate to stop halfway through stories. :) I hope the next book will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i really want to read the iron wyrm affair. looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been meaning to read the Kitty series. I really should try to get them started!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both books sound great!! I haven't heard of either but I will have to check them out :)

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by Jessica!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. More new series to check out. Thanks for the heads up!

    Also, I love your Inigo Montoya graphic. Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like how you always comment on my posts. :] Those two books sound awesome. Read on!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't know how it is that I haven't yet read anything Lilith Saitcrow... must mend that... Thanks for sharing Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Iron Wyrm Affair does sound and look awesome! This is my first time seeing it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhhh, I haven't heard of The Iron Wyrm Affair before! I love that cover. :) It's definitely going on my list. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohh, I like how the second one sounds! I'll look for that for sure. Thanks for stopping by!

    Arianna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haven't heard of it, but I love the wolf on the first cover.
    Hope you get to read soon.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!