Jul 31, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


Ancient lore leads to present danger in the final book in the dark and sexy paranormal romance trilogy about a descendent of Medusa, set in a richly reimagined New Orleans.

Her fate is not set in stone.

Having temporarily defeated Athena, Ari races to break the gorgon curse that has plagued the women in her family for centuries. Her one lead sends her on a quest for the Hands of Zeus, an ancient relic last seen in the charge of New 2’s ruling elite, the Novem. But if there is one thing that Athena desires as much as revenge, it’s the Hands of Zeus—and Athena always gets what she wants.

Before either can locate the Hands, the statue goes missing, and a trail of blood follows those who once protected the relic’s secrets. Ari knows that her city, her friends, Sebastian—her life—depend upon her finding the statue before Athena. And with rumors an ancient power is on the rise, that may not be her only concern…


Love the cover for this one! Finally read the second book earlier this year...or just too many books ago this year! It's definitely been an interesting series with a twist on Greek gods and what not! Can't wait to see the ending!

TITLE: The Wicked Within
AUTHOR: Kelly Keaton

PUBLISHER: Simon Pulse
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: September 17, 2013


Zombies stalk the night. Forget blood and brains. These monsters hunger for human souls. Sadly, they've got mine… 

Alice Bell has lost so much. Family. Friends. A home. She thought she had nothing else to give. She was wrong.

After a new zombie attack, strange things begin to happen to her. Mirrors come to life, and the whispers of the dead assault her ears. But the worst? A terrible darkness blooms inside her, urging her to do very wicked things.

She's never needed her team of zombie slayers more, but ultra bad-boy Cole Holland, the leader and her boyfriend, suddenly withdraws from her…from everyone. Now, with her best friend Kat at her side, Ali must kill the zombies, uncover Cole's secret and learn to fight the darkness.

But the clock is ticking…and if she fails at a single task, they're all doomed.


Another series I absolutely adore!! Can't remember what happened in the first one much since I read that one as an early ARC, so hopefully it will all come back to me once I get started!

TITLE: Through the Zombie Glass
AUTHOR: Gena Showalter

PUBLISHER: Harlequin Teen
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: September 24, 2013




31 comments:

  1. The first is new to me but it sounds like one I wouldn't want to miss. Both covers look great. I haven't read Alice in Zombieland yet but I love retellings!

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of the first one but sounds really interesting. I wasn't a great fan of Alice in Zombieland so I'll pass this one. Great picks!

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen the covers for books 1 and 2 in the Gods & Monsters trilogy but never really checked it out. I must do that soon!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. All hails to the first pick! I love mythology books, and Medusa is definitvely a creature I love more then some others. I think the first of this series is on my pile somewhere, and I hope I can get to this thrid one soon, because the cover is just freaking gorgeous!
    As for the second pick, it's definitvely not for me. I'm very cautious about zombies because I ain't good with gore, and combining it with the Alice in Wonderland story is just.. not. I hope everyone waiting will enjoy, though. I heard it has many fans! =)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I actually still haven't tried both series, although they're on my TBR, but I might just read Alice in Zombieland this weekend for the read-a-thon, because I'm planning to read zombie books ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to start both of these series! :) Great picks and thanks for stopping by My WW!

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oohh two series I want to start. The Wicked Within looks great and I love different takes on geek gods. And Alice in Zombieland sounded like a different take on zombies so both great picks. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice picks! =) Hope you enjoy them when you get the chance to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome picks. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-58-enders-by-lissa.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always wanted to read both series but just haven't picked up book one yet. i love the cover of both!

    My WoW

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh I still need to start that Gene Showalter series. Great picks

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo, I can't wait to read both of those! I have Through the Zombie Glass, but not The Wicked Within. Love Kelly's books though! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually have an ARC of Through The Zombie Glass, I haven't read it yet! I really hope it's excellent, great picks!
    Check out Scott Reads It's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait for you to read Through the Zombie Glass! I'm excited to see what you think, Jessica! Great choices! :)

    Sabrina @I Heart Y.A. Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Greek Mythology so the first one looks fantastic. Seems like a lot of mystery and action would be going on in that one. I haven't read Alice in Zombieland yet, but I really want to. Great picks! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I reallyreally liked Darkness Becomes her, didn't like the second book as much though. But I am excited for The Wicked Within! I still need to read me some Gena Showalter!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wicked looks great. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't read either book but they sound awesome!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the sound of both books but I haven't read the previous in their series. I hope you enjoy reading both when they come out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't heard of Kelly Keaton at all! I'll have to check her out b/c I love anything UF/PNR YA!!! Medusa, huh? Hmmm, that's totally different! And I'm liking trilogies these days; that there's an end in site. I'm not liking long series as much anymore... I'm getting old and lazy I guess :)

    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both sound AWESOME and the second cover is AMAZING! It makes me want to go read the first book now! Nice picks!
    Thanks for stopping by my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  22. the wicked within is the third book?? i never even heard of the others!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really looking forward to Through the Zombie Glass! The first one I haven't read any of the books in the series yet. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't wait for Through the Zombie Glass! I really enjoyed the first one. I haven't read the Darkness Becomes her books, but they sound good. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I haven't read the first book for either of the series but I hope you enjoy the second ones!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the cover for the Wicked Within! It's gorgeous! And I haven't started Gena's series yet! Great picks Jessica!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  27. I finally downloaded the audio of Alice in Zombieland so I could FINALLY read it!! You know, hopefully BEFORE book two comes out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oooh.... 2 awesome choices!! Love the cover to The Wicked Within, I'm sure I'll have to steal it for my wow!! lol

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  29. I haven't heard of the first one, but I love the premise for it. Through the Zombie Glass...YES YES YES YES!!! I cannot wait to get that one in my hands and just devour it! I love Gena Showalter and I loved Alice in Zombieland! Great picks, Jessica! :D Thanks for stopping by!

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love Kelly Keaton's adult series so I should really read this too. But I wasn't really happy with Alice in Zombieland so i doubt I'll be reading the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ooh, Àlice in Zobieland was great :) I am definetely looking forward to the sequel! Great WÔW!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!