May 7, 2015

Follow Friday

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:

1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list  
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!



This week's question is: How do you decide what books to read? – So Many Books, So Little Time



MY ANSWER: Ooh that's a bit tougher! Usually if I have review books I go by order received, but sometimes amending it based on release date. Usually that's what it comes down to for review books, the release date. Or if I happen to be lucky and meeting an author at a signing, I make sure to read their books before I attend!

Otherwise I choose books at my whim! Whatever one I am DYING to read the most! Though that becomes a problem when there's like 7 or 8 books I am DYING to read! What I need to do, is create a TBR Jar like my blogging pal Jessi at Novel Heartbeat has done! She's even selling them on Etsy now! Though I did went out and bought my own supplies prior to her doing that, so I need to find time to catalog what books I have and get them down on paper into the created jar to make my decision making much simpler!





23 comments:

  1. I always try to do my review copies first too but sometimes there's a new release that I just have to read!

    A TBR jar is a great idea. Seeing a few of those mentioned today. I think I'm going to have to make myself one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we're talking ARCs, I try to go my release date and read the ones that release sooner first, unless it's a highly awaited one, then I just read that one first because I rarely have enough self control!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seriously thinking of doing a TBR Jar. I liked the one Kelley @ Oh, The Books! made for herself. I think it'll be fun. I am starting to choose books differently than I have in the past. I am going to become a mood reader!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I could EVER use a TBR jar. I'd end up reading something else anyway! Haha!

    Here's my F&F!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really have to try this TBR jar idea sometime! Seems cool!

    Have a great weekend :)

    New follower via Bloglovin'
    Fathomless Reveries

    ReplyDelete
  6. Release dates is how I know when to read ARCs as well. New follower via Bloglovin'. http://angreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a moody reader and it's hard for me to read something if I am not in the mood even ARC's.

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  8. As you know I have pretty much factors, which have influence to choosing the book, but I don't mention "covers"- they knows to be pretty convincing!;)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog,
    Silvy @Books are my life

    ReplyDelete
  9. I told myself I was gonna start doing a TBR jar like two months ago. Haven't quite gotten to it....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have learned to become organized with my ARC reading. I would love to attend an author signing. Thank you for stopping by. :)
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep seeing that TBR Jar idea around and it's so cute! I should absolutely start doing that. I tend to get into ruts with reading the same type of books over and over again so using a randomizing jar could be awesome. :)

    My FF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I try to do the same thing as well & do it in the order the reviews were received. Great blog! Following you on Bloglovin' & GFC :)

    Castles Made of Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another mention of a TBR jar, a lot bloggers are recommending that today! It sounds like such a fun idea so I think I gotta give it a try!!
    New follower on Bloglovin' and GFC :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The TBRJar is a fantastic idea! The problem is I can totally see myself picking a book name, sighing, putting it back, picking another one, sighing, putting it back, etc. Lol! I'm too indecisive!


    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. TBR jar is the most unique idea I have heard so far. I love that. I am a bit more organized, I like to keep spreadsheets, and organize them by month and genre so I can read what fits my mood.

    Great blog you have here. New follower.
    Renee@ Addicted To Romance

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the idea of the jar..... would make things much simpler!

    My FFF  - Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  17. So lucky you get to meet authors :) Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Jessica! I'm a total mood reader; I think that's why the TBR jar didn't work out for me! I cheated too much! ;) Great idea about actually reading the new book before going to an author signing!

    Old Bloglovin' follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always read according to my mood. So it varies a lot. But ARCs (if I have any) always comes first. :)

    Followed you on bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm still trying to find that proper balance between review books and personal books. However, review books will always come first whether that be in the order I received them or by release date. If I am able to read ahead more than usual I will pick up a book from my personal TBR pile.

    Meredith @ A Book Lover's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've heard a few people talk about jars. Interesting concept. I'd never heard of it before, but it sounds like fun. :D It's cool that she's selling them on Etsy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm pretty much the same way. Although there have been times when something I'm dying to read comes out and I'll sneak it in between my review books. LOL. Old follower.

    Shannon @ The Tale Temptress

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the idea of using a TBR Jar. Old Follower.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!