May 19, 2015

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://adailyrhythm.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc



"'I did not freak out.' Three-hundred-and-seventy-seven-year-old vampires did not freak out. 'I just felt like I was feeling something and I wanted to be sure.'" Kindle loc. 22%*


*Quote comes from eARC, therefore it and its location are not final.






TITLE: The Vampire's Mail Order Bride
AUTHOR: Kristen Painter
PUBLISHER: Unknown
GENRE: Urban Fantasy

RELEASE DATE: Unknown at this time



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Tuesday Freebie--Top Ten Favorite Covers for the Moment! (LOL! Will include old and new!)


*in no particular order


1. 13 to Life by Shannon Delany--as many of my older followers know, I was obsessed with this cover! LOL! So gorgeous!
2. Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder--the original hardcover one! This is the cover that I saw that pretty much got me hooked on her books!
3. Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout--this needs no explanation! ;)


4. Half Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout--looooved this cover that starts Jennifer's Covenant series! The purple is gorgeous and the flower is so pretty!
5. Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost--how awesome is this cover?! It screams Urban Fantasy and kick-assery!
6. Darkness Splintered by Keri Arthur--this is probably my fave cover in the series because Risa looks sooo cool with her wings! Angel covered books are usually hit or miss it seems!


7. The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent--love the butterfly and the simplicity of the cover!
8. With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent--my fave cover from the original set of Soul Screamers covers!!
9. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling--already digging this new cover for the illustrated version!!


10. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes--loved this cover from the getgo! Just screams fantasy awesome!





33 comments:

  1. I do love the original Magic Study cover. Those books have been through so many cover changes! Gorgeous list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Harry Potter one is just beautiful!! I love it. All of these covers are just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 377 years? I wonder what she was freaking out about. Nice cover choices too.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your teaser, Jessica! I must say, it got me really curious about the book :)

    Thanks for sharing, and here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the covers of Half Blood and Falling Kingdoms! I have a special UK edition of the Harry Potter series and the covers are extra pretty.

    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chuckled at your Teaser, and loved seeing the covers. They are all quite striking! Here's my TT: http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/2015/05/teaser-tuesdays-may-19-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the original Study series covers! I can't keep up with all the different covers that series has gone through! And I LOVE the Half-Blood cover! I really need to start that series soon. Great list, and I love all the covers you picked!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the Half Blood cover! It is still on my TBR but I always stop when I see that one. Great topic and picks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally think he freaked out!

    I agree you got some pretty covers here- Origin, With All My Soul, Falling Kingdom and The Stars Never Rise are so pretty.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  10. Half blood cover is just gorgeous! I love that color!

    Here's my TTT - Never Have I have Read

    Love your button btw! :)

    Casey @ LittlePinkCrayon

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Falling Kingdoms cover is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing these. ~Beth @ Perpetual New Girl

    My TTT involves a giveaway and retold, re-imagined fav tales. It's cool how different everyone's topic is this week though. Love seeing the diversity.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol...I love Kristen Painter! Great teaser!

    Here's my Teaser!

    Wendy Lohr

    ReplyDelete
  13. The With All My Soul cover is stunning! I am not crazy about the others but this one stands out.
    I also chose covers for my list but from the other side: When Bad Covers Happen to Good Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous book covers! I like the With All My Soul, Half-Blood and The Stars Never Rise.
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the cover topics today! My favorites from here are definitely The Stars Never Rise, With All My Soul and Falling Kingdoms. :) The others, not so much. But I LOVE how the Halfway to the Grave cover shows you a kick-ass woman, because that's definitely what the book will give you. I adore that series. <3

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooooooooh lots of pretty covers! I love the Magic Study one :)

    - Kritika @ Snowflakes & Spider silk

    ReplyDelete
  17. STILL need to finish Falling Kingdoms! The Half-Blood cover is gorgeous! Still need to read Origin, but I'm annoyed that it doesn't match the other covers. My cover OCD is coming out.

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love beautiful book covers!!

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment on my TTT for the week!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty covers:) I think the prettiest is Half Blood.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the teaser! With All My Soul was my favorite cover from the Soul Screamers series too. Thank you for stopping by. :)
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  21. Daemon is so beautiful on the cover of Origin and I loved the cover of With All My Soul. I haven't read the Covenant series yet but I'm dying to. Beautiful covers get me every time! Thanks for stopping by earlier. Old Follower

    ReplyDelete
  22. Interesting teaser. I've never read anything by Painter. Looks like I have another author to add to my never-ending list. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay! I love pretty covers! Origin, With all My Soul, Half Blood, The Stars Never Rise... so awesome! That 13 to Life one is really cool looking! I can see why it's a favorite of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, I do like that HP cover!! Want!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The Harry Potter cover is new to me, LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So many awesome books! I want them all. LOL
    LOved the back and forth in your teaser. Dying to see what the cover will look like!

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/05/19/teaser-tuesdays-115-joshua-and-the-lightning-road-my-review/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've been seeing those books with “mail order bride” in the title on Amazon. Is it the fad these days like stepbrother romances?? I'm gonna watch out for that anyway since I'm a sucker when it comes to PNRs. When is it going to be released?

    This is my TT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOL. I love that quote. It made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just grabbed Falling Kingdoms from the library last week. I feel like the last one to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love so many of these covers! Half Blood is gorgeous and so is With All My Soul. Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!