May 14, 2015

Follow Friday

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:

1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list  
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!



This week's question is: How do you organize your books? Either at home on your bookshelves or on your reading-device, or on your bookish platform like Goodreads, Leafmarks or Booklikes. - Suggested by Unconventional Book Views


MY ANSWER: Totally unoriginal, but my books on the bookshelves are organized alphabetically by author's last name. Yeah, it's not fun or cool or pretty like the colored ones. But my OCD would go haywire if I did it any other way! LOL!

As for Kindle? There's no organization really. Just however the books get downloaded.

Goodreads? Pretty much the same. Whatever order I click the books on my Want to Read shelf, is how they go. I try to do it once a week when I am done getting books for the week. Basically, my Want to Read is books I own or will likely own, if I'm selecting it for a contest entry! Want to Read means I have it basically. Otherwise that shelf would be out of control with me clicking every new releases that comes out in the year! But yeah, no true organization there either! LOL!

Funny, it's only my physical bookcases that get the OCD treatment. Guess because I see them more on a daily basis versus the electronic formats!





 

17 comments:

  1. I do my shelves by author too!! Someday I wouldn't mind color coding or something...but I don't know how long it would actually last hahaha. But I do have my nook and my Goodreads shelves organzied by genre and trope too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sort by last name too! I personally feel like it's the best way to organize! However, I have a ton of bookshelves on Goodreads. It makes it easier for me to sort all of my books! Old follower!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My shelves at home are organized by genre and series but my Goodreads and Kindle are just however they are downloaded or read too. Old Follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not original either. I also organize alphabetically by author's last name.
    New Bloglovin follower. Have a great weekend!

    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so disorganized. My real books have no rhyme or reason or really a set shelf to go on (some are in boxes on tables etc. But I've moved on from most physical books to ebooks. My sons picture books I once tried organizing by series and book size etc...gave up on that pretty quickly as it sent my OCD waaaaay out whack. New GFC follower

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do the exact same thing!! Helps me find things easily :)

    Joana (best-of-ya.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally know what you mean, I tend to be more OCD about my real life shelves than my online/kindle ones too. The ones organised by colour look so pretty but I just couldn't do it, it would drive me insane! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing wrong with an alphabetical listing! I just try to keep all my unread books in one place so they don't go missing. That's about as much organisation as I manage!

    New follower on Bloglovin'

    Claire @ Book Blog Bird

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jess, firstly I love your blog design, so cute! New Follower via GFC. Does anyone know if I get subscriptions to your posts when following you via GFC?

    When you organise your bookshelf by Authors, do you ever find it crazy annoying when the sizes are totally off?

    Don't worry about Goodreads and Kindle, that's what the search function is for LOL

    My Book Blogger Hops

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm like you with my physical books. My books are all shelved by genre and then alphabetically by author within that. I have the same thing with my Goodreads bookshelves. I also have a second TBR shelf on there for books I haven't bought yet. My Kindle is just a big jumble of books though.

    MY FF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. See, my OCD only kicks in in the kitchen, so I love having my bookshelves be a show of what I found interesting when. So two books I read straight after each other cause they have similar themes will be next to each other, which makes loads of sense to me but none to anyone else! Thanks for visiting my post yesterday :) I hope you have a great weekend!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  12. I try to keep my TBR shelf on Goodreads pared down to books I already own too! It doesn't always work out well, though; my Goodreads shelves have gotten out of hand! Happy reading!:)

    Old follower!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't really have a specific way of organizing my books other than always keeping books that are part of a series together. I've been thinking about rearranging things and I might just start placing them alphabetically by author!

    New Bloglovin' and GFC follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I organize my Goodreads pretty similarly except my Want To Read includes both items I want to get and items I already have. Once I've read it, I'll mark it read and remove it from Want to Read. I want to organize a bit more but haven't done it yet.

    Shannon @ The Tale Temptress

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol! My OCD is opposite! I need the books to be sort of uniform in size and color when they are next to each other on shelves. It's soo hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL. Is it weird to wish I had heavier OCD so that I wasn't so lazy with my book organization? :D Hope you had a great weekend, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!