May 24, 2015

Stacking the Shelves

This weekly meme is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!



I had way too good of a week! LOL! My Book Outlet order came in, then I hit up HPB for their Memorial Day Sale and then B&N...so yeah...I spent too much! Though my Book Outlet was the biggest steal, 8 books for under $35 which included shipping!! And 5 of these books are hardcovers too!


My Book Outlet Order was this:


Persistence of Memory by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
Token of Darkness by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes--SIGNED COPY!
All Just Glass by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
Poison Tree by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
Promises to Keep by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
Unleashed by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie--UK COPY!
The Farm by Emily McKay
The Lair by Emily McKay


Then my trip to Half Price Books resulted in 3 books I already own...but in different formats:

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand--hardcover; I have the paperback of this one, the whole trilogy really. But the hardcover was just so gorgeous and it was clearanced at $3 plus another 20% off, so it was a done deal!
Old Magic by Marianne Curley--I never bought the "new" US cover and when I saw this in the clearance section for $2 I thought why not! I LOVE my original paperback naturally, but there is a beauty in this one too! Namely that ring that played a small role in the story!
Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison--UK copy!! I found books 1, 3, & 4 at my HPB and while I would've loved to have a few UK copies of the books, OCD was not happy about the missing book 2, so I just went with book 1! OCD was happy about that! ;)


Then the rest of my bookstore buyings included:

Off the Page by Jodi Picoult & Samantha van Leer--SIGNED by the authors from Anderson's Bookshop!
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl by Paige McKenzie--impulse buy and with coupons I got a great deal on it!
Sleeping Beauty Bookmark--a surprising find at B&N! I have this in the smaller size, but I couldn't pass up on the larger size! LOL!


Then for review from the publishers I received:

Pure Blooded by Amanda Carlson (ARC)
The Veil by Chloe Neill (ARC)


THANK YOU Orbit, Netgalley, & NAL Trade!


And that was my pretty amazing week! What did you get?







20 comments:

  1. Love the loot of books you have here! They look wonderful and very dramatic...the covers are pretty enticing. Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul! I love Book Outlet! I've been using it to fill in some of the series I need to complete. You got some great stuff this week! I was seeing The Veil around and I just requested it. I love Chloe Neill. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Happy reading!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still waiting to see if I get approved for Pure Blooded. The Veil was a book that I couldn't resist. Off the Page was wonderful and it's always nice to get a signed copy. The Sleeping Beauty bookmark is amazing.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the Neill book and I'm so curious about the new Carlson novel. I have The Farm but I still need to read it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Off the Page cover is beautiful! You have a great haul and it's always fun to have signed books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul this week, I got the Neill book last week too!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul this week! The Farm is one that I've been wanting to read for a while now, so I will definitely be looking forward to your review. Off the Page is also one that I've been super excited for. Happy reading! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, Jessica! I've not read any of these! Though I had The Haunting of Sunshine Girl (gave it to another blogger), and I have Off the Page. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fantastic week :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul! I hope you enjoy your new reads! :)

    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  10. I won't deny that I am a bit jealous you got Off the Page personally signed by them! Okay, so I have decided to start my own fortune telling business, and I want to give you my first prediction! Ready? I foresee a lot of fun and exciting reading in your future after this weeks Stacking the Shelves!

    P.S. I'm totally not starting a fortune telling business. I love reading about them like the ones I read about in my Nancy Drew books but I could never be one. I would fall flat on my face! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul.Promises sounds intriguing. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great haul! Sounds like you got some pretty good deals, too. Enjoy your books! :)

    Jen @ EbonyInkReviews

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got the Veil after I did my post... so excited to get into it!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice haul, Jessica! I haven't heard of any of the books in the top part of your post, but they do look really good.
    I am really excited about The Veil, I hope you'll love that and all your other new books.
    Have a fantastic week and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so excited for The Veil. You got amazing books this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't recognize most of the books you got, but I hope you enjoy them! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've wanted to read The Farm for a while now. Love the sound of it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome haul! So many great titles. Hope you enjoy reading them all.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A few I don't know. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!