May 12, 2015

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://adailyrhythm.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc



"A chill abruptly brushed my limbs, replacing the warmth from just moments ago, and I caught sight of something in the rearview mirror. I had to blink to make sure I wasn't having a nightmare, but the sight only came in clearer. My heart pounded at the  clarity of her tangled chestnut hair. Oh my god. Rainey glared down at me from the backseat, angry red scaratches down the sides of her face." Kindle Loc. 19%










TITLE: Beckon Me
AUTHOR: Cindy Thomas
PUBLISHER: Self Published
GENRE: Paranormal New Adult

RELEASE DATE: April 13, 2015



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Ten Authors I REALLY Want To Meet


*in no particular order
**I've been fortunate enough to meet tons of authors over the years, but there are still SOOOOO very many that I am dying to meet! Choosing 10 is going to be hella hard!


1. AMELIA ATWATER-RHODES--the author who started my obsession with vampires and all things paranormal! She also inspired me to start writing my own books. I really hope to meet her one day and it's something I actually am working on for this year! Fingers crossed!
2. MARIANNE CURLEY--oh how I ADORED Old Magic and then the Guardians of Time trilogy! Loving her new one too. I would likely die of happiness if I ever got to meet this woman!
3. L.J. SMITH--the original one of course! I fell in love first with The Forbidden Game trilogy and then read the Vampire Diaries! Still need to read the Night World books and Dark Visions, but they're in my TBR Mountain of Doom. They were actually among the first books to start my dreaded mountain!



4. KADY CROSS--I was soooooooo close to meeting her at RT 12, but she ended up getting sick and had to cancel. You can imagine my tears knowing she's at RT this year, the first year I haven't attended since 12! SOB!!!!
5. KAREN MARIE MONING--ironically, yet another author I almost got to meet at RT 12, but she ended up canceling fairly early. Le sob.
6. CARA LYNN SHULTZ--I love Cara's books! Her first duology was amazing and I loved Dark World! Really hoping she can find a new pub home for it because I know it will be awesome! Her books made me LOL and I just love meeting those authors in person because they're usually awesome and funny in person too!


7. RACHEL HAWKINS--I love her books as well for they make me laugh out loud too! I would love to meet her one day!
8. GAIL CARRIGER--since the early days of Parasol Protectorate I've been hooked to her books! Would love to meet her some day! I stalk her tour schedule, but alas, I've yet to get close enough to her! LOL!
9. ALYSSA ROSE IVY--I adore this woman's books! She is one of the few Paranormal New Adult authors I've discovered and I love her books! They're so good! The characters are awesome and the plot is always engaging and intriguing! Funny story, I almost sort of, but not at all really, almost got to meet her! She was traveling to St. Louis for something with her husband's work, but alas it wasn't also for book signings or such! LOL!


This next one needs NO introduction...but I'm gonna do one anyway!

10. J.K. ROWLING--the woman is likely on every reader's bucket list. Yeah. I would die of happiness just to meet her! She was a large part of my teen years of reading the Harry Potter books, attending midnight parties and getting my mom to call me out of school early so I could go see the Harry Potter movie on opening day (for those first few didn't have midnight showings, at least in my area)!







28 comments:

  1. I was kind of expecting J.K. Rowling and yeah, there she was. :D I feel like she is one of those authors who will make a lot of appearances in this week's TTT. I almost included her as well, but then decided to go with Meg Cabot for her spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a teaser- what happened to her face? So many nice picks- JK Rowlings and LJ Smith would be on my list as well.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. So crazy, but the only one I know is Rowling! Hope you get to meet all of these folks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was too scared to put J.K Rowling on my list. I think it's because I want to have my own relationship with Harry Potter, and I don't want to dicuss these books with her. Just in case she says something I didn't want to know ;)

    You can check out my list here:
    http://cucie-reads.blogspot.no/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-9.html

    Cucie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm... not sure what's going on in your tease but it sounds a little scary. I'm also not surprised that J K R made it on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh. Great teaser -- it sounds like a nightmarish situation.

    I'm playing today at Beth Fish Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had a chance to meet a lot of authors but haven't met any on your list. Good luck in meeting them someday. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! Beckon Me! I bought that a few weeks ago and I've been looking forward to it. I'll be on the lookout for your review!

    How could I have forgotten Marianne Curley and LJ Smith?!? I adore both of them. I did include Laurie Faria Stolarz though. Awesome list! I would have included JK Rowling, but I don't think it'll even happen.

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH! Beckon Me! I bought that a few weeks ago and I've been looking forward to it. I'll be on the lookout for your review!

    How could I have forgotten Marianne Curley and LJ Smith?!? I adore both of them. I did include Laurie Faria Stolarz though. Awesome list! I would have included JK Rowling, but I don't think it'll even happen.

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um...is this a zombie kinda book? Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes! That's a scary situation. It makes a great Teaser.
    My Tuesday post features THE OTHER SIDE OF HEARTACHE.

    ReplyDelete
  12. JK Rowling is on so many lists today (mine too!), and I'd LOVE to meet her! Awesome list, Jessica!
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I am unfamiliar with most of the authors on your list this week!! Clearly, I need to expand my reading repertoire!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-ten-authors-i-really.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a teaser! I can't even imagine what happened!

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/05/12/teaser-tuesdays-114-the-city-of-blood-a-paris-homicide-mystery/

    ReplyDelete
  15. My top three would be Ann M. Martin (the author who is responsible for getting me hooked on reading), J.K. Rowling, and Veronica Roth...okay I lied I'm going to say four authors...Jennifer Niven.

    Meredith @ A Book Lover's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  16. I imagine J.K. Rowling will be on a lot of lists today! She's on mine. :)

    Cayt @ Vicarious Caytastrophe

    ReplyDelete
  17. The only author I recognize is J.K. Rowling, and sadly I've yet to read any of her books. Nice list.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH a huge yes to Kady Cross! She'd be so fun! Same for KMM! Rachel and Alyssa would also be exciting to meet. And of course, J.K. never needs an intro! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome picks!! I'm surprised I haven't seen Rowling on more lists today!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh... wonder where the scratches came from! Great tease!
    Nice Top 10... awesome picks!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome tease! Great list as well. I'd love to have a deep conversation with pretty much any successful author! :D Great list. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Jessica. Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would absolutely LOVE to meet J.K. Rowling! I would also want to meet Stephenie Meyer and Suzanne Collins for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I was SO close to adding Kady Cross, but I chose someone else instead. LJ Smith is great! I've read her Night World series and it's great! Not sure if the 10th book is EVER going to happen though! I still need to read Vampire Diaries, The Forbidden Game, and Dark Visions. The latter two of those three are on my bookshelf. SOOOOO jealous that you've been to RT! I want to go so badly! I think JK Rowling will be on A LOT of lists! Thanks for visiting my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I actually didn't think about some of those! But those are some great picks!

    Have a good day!

    Whitney@ Shooting Stars Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have heard great things about Carriger's books. I'll have to check them out... :) Thanks for the reminder!
    A TTT newbie

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!