May 26, 2015

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://adailyrhythm.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc



"He raised a single eyebrow in a very sexy way, laced with intent. 'If you had less of a human nature, I'd already have you on the ground right now.'" Kindle loc. 10-11%*




*This quote comes from the eARC, therefore it and its location are NOT final.









TITLE: Pure Blooded
AUTHOR: Amanda Carlson
PUBLISHER: Orbit
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: June 16, 2015 



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Ten Books I Plan To Have In My Beach Bag This Summer


*in no particular order


NEW RELEASES

1. EVERY LAST BREATH by Jennifer L. Armentrout--cause heck yeah!
2. A BOOK OF SPIRITS AND THIEVES by Morgan Rhodes--one step closer to returning to Mytica and all my fave characters and plot twists! This one will definitely be exciting! I can tell already!
3. REAWAKENED by Colleen Houck--dying for a new read from Colleen since I binged the Tiger's Curse Saga and I am still not so patiently waiting for Kishan's books!


4. THE HEART OF BETRAYAL by Mary E. Pearson--almost let this slip past me in my excitement of summer reads! YIKES! Soooo cannot wait to read this one!
5. THE STARS NEVER RISE by Rachel Vincent--have been looking forward to a NEW Rachel Vincent read since the initial end of Soul Screamers!


TBR READS

6. THE RETURN by Jennifer L. Armentrout--yes I still need to read this one! Still trying to catch up on review books! Every time I am almost done a few more come in! Sigh...
7. SEVENTH GRAVE AND NO BODY by Darynda Jones--coincidental arrangement, I swear! Still need to read this one but then I can binge 7 & 8!
8. THE WICKED WILL RISE by Danielle Paige--still want to read The Wizard Returns first but so looking forward to returning to this world again!

9. THE WRATH AND THE DAWN by Renee Ahdieh--reading amazing reviews and cannot wait to read it myself!
10. END OF DAYS by Susan Ee--sadden to read a series finale, but yet, it's been soooo long! Dying to see how it all ends for Penryn!






 

36 comments:

  1. Oooh the new releases look good! And the teaser for Pure Blooded makes my eyebrow rise too. :)

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice selection! I can't wait to read Reawakened! I love books with Egyptian mythology. Of course I'm super excited to get my hands on The Stars Never Rise. I'm hoping to read The Wrath and the Dawn soon, too. Good luck getting these read!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list you have here. I have been wanting to read Darynda Jones and I still can't believe I haven't read that series yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how I love those sexy eyebrow raises. Nice tease!

    Ah, beach bag. It's winter here so I'll have to go with the cozy fire. My picks would be, Every Last Breath, The Stars Never Rise and End of Days. I loved The Return. Hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I started Pure Blooded last night and know where this tease is! Great teaser! I so want to read Every Last Breath, The Stars Never Rise and the Heart of the Betrayal.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list and many books I want to read myself! I'm currently reading The Return (I'm late reading it too!) and while I've only read the first couple of chapters it's already grabbed me hard and it's my first Armentrout read too!

    My TTT  - Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look like great books for the summer! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks! I also want to read The Wrath and the Dawn because of the great revies.
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice choices for your summer book bag! My YA teaser this week comes from The Cage by Megan Shepherd. My teaser this week comes from the latest in a science fiction series I adore - Dragon in Exile by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! I loved The Wrath and the Dawn, I hope you enjoy it too. I also hope to read Reawakened this summer. It sounds fantastic and creative.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so excited for Every Last Breath! I can't wait to read The Wrath and the Dawn!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just ordered End of Days and it will be here today!! SO EXCITED! I hope you love it!!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gotta love those one eyebrow lifts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes! The Wrath and the Dawn made my list this week as well! I am SO excited to read it! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice list of books to read at the beach!! Here is a link to my Top Ten Tuesday post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-plan-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like an alpha male in your Teaser. I want to know more.
    My Tuesday post features Nobody’s Cuter Than You.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need Every Last Breath more than I need oxygen omg. The Wrath and The Dawn seems so cool and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great list as always Jessica! I need to read the Wrath and the Dawn so much!

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wicked Will Rise and End of Days are definitely on my list!


    My TTT:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait for The Heart of Betrayal!

    ReplyDelete
  21. a yes to heart of betrayal and I recently finished the wrath and the dawn (review coming soon) loved it like no other. awesome read. great list.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The teaser though. That's sexy. And I've read End of Days, it was a little underwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wonder what he is getting at? Hope you are enjoying this title. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great titles on here, I can attest to The Wrath and the Dawn making a really good beach read!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm definitely hoping to get to the Wrath and the Dawn this summer too. Great list!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  26. That Amanda Carlson book caught my eye on NG! I hope you're enjoying it!

    I need to read The Stars Never Rise, The Wrath and the Dawn, and the Penryn series myself!

    ReplyDelete
  27. A lot of these books are on my TBR pile. Great diverse grouping you've got here too. My Beach Reads List ended up being mostly light fare. Happy Reading!
    ~Beth @ Perpetual New Girl

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great list! I love JLA and I've heard that The Wrath and The Dawn is a really good read. Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Omigoodness, that's a great tease, Jessica. It has me curious for sure! I like your beach bag list as well. Guess what I got at RT? The Stars Never Rise!! *squee* It's going in my beach bag, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Definitely The Wrath and the Dawn. I would also have Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen. I would have Dorothy Must Die, Asylum, Rebel Belle, and Off the Page.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your quote, Jessica, a little bit mysterious and definitely enticing ;)

    I agree about most of your new releases - all the ones I've heard about, I guess I have to check out those that are unknown to me so far.

    Have a great rest of the week and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awesome list!!! I have so many of these on my TBR this summer too. Looks like you'll have a great summer. I love the teaser I still need to catch up with the series but your teaser is sparking my desire to. Thanks so much for sharing. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I can't wait to read The Heart of Betrayal!! It's going to be so awesome!! I really want to read The Return as well! Great picks!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm currently reading Angelfall so I hope I like it enough to get till End Of Days!

    www.mystictales.co

    ReplyDelete
  35. AHHH you have to read The Return asap! That book is so so good. Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!