May 13, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


Modern-day sisters discover deadly ancient magic in book 1 of this Falling Kingdoms spin-off series!

Worlds collide in this suspenseful, page-turning Falling Kingdoms spin-off series, which explores a whole new side of Mytica—and an even darker version of its magic.

Crystal Hatcher, Modern-day Toronto: It’s a normal afternoon in her father’s antique bookshop when Crys witnesses the unthinkable: her little sister Becca collapses into a coma after becoming mesmerized by a mysterious book written in an unrecognizable language.

Maddox Corso, Ancient Mytica: Maddox Corso doesn’t think much of it when he spots an unfamiliar girl in his small village. Until, that is, he realizes that she is a spirit, and he is the only one who can see or hear her. Her name is Becca Hatcher, and she needs Maddox to help get her home.

Farrell Grayson, Modern-day Toronto: Rich and aimless Farrell Grayson is thrilled when the mysterious leader of the ultra-secret Hawkspeare Society invites him into the fold. But when he learns exactly what he has to do to prove himself, Farrell starts to question everything he thought he knew about family, loyalty, and himself….

Fate has brought these young people together, but ancient magic threatens to rip them apart.


A spinoff to one of my MOST FAVORITE Fantasy YA series ever?! YES PLEASE! GIMMEE GIMMEE GIMMEE!! Dying to read this one!! Though I suspect it will make me want Frozen Tides all the more sooner than I my wanting it since last December!! LOL!


TITLE: A Book of Spirit and Thieves
AUTHOR: Morgan Rhodes
PUBLISHER: Razorbill
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: June 23, 2015 


Intrigue abounds in this hotly anticipated sequel to The Kiss of Deception!

Held captive in the barbarian kingdom of Venda, Lia and Rafe have little chance of escape. Desperate to save her life, Lia's erstwhile assassin, Kaden, has told the Vendan Komizar that she has the gift, and the Komizar's interest in Lia is greater than anyone could have foreseen.

Meanwhile, nothing is straightforward: there's Rafe, who lied to Lia, but has sacrificed his freedom to protect her; Kaden, who meant to assassinate her but has now saved her life; and the Vendans, whom Lia always believed to be barbarians. Now that she lives amongst them, however, she realizes that may be far from the truth. Wrestling with her upbringing, her gift, and her sense of self, Lia must make powerful choices that will affect her country... and her own destiny.


OMG OMG OMG!! I need need need this like last year whenever I read Kiss of Deception!! EEK! That ending!!! MUST HAVE IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!


TITLE: The Heart of Betrayal
AUTHOR: Mary E. Pearson
PUBLISHER: Henry Holt & Co.
GENRE: Fantasy YA

RELEASE DATE: July 7, 2015





 

29 comments:

  1. Although both your picks sound magical, your second choice is the one that particularly intrigues me, Jessica!

    Thanks for sharing, and here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first pick was my pick from last week. Your second pick sounds sooooo good, will be waiting on that review.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I soooo need to read The Kiss of Deception! I've been reading great things about it! Nice pick! :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Heart Of Betrayal is a yes yes yes;..... I need it now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ordered Heart of Betrayal months ago. July needs to get here sooner!

    Here's my WoW

    PS- New follower

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these sound really good. I hope you enjoy reading them! Thank you for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not heard of these but they do sound good, I hope you enjoy it once you get them. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice picks! I still haven´t read the Falling Kingdom series and I assume that I´ve to read them first before reading the spin-off.
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks! I do want to start MRhodes

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read the Falling Kingdoms series yet (but I want to). I wonder if I could read the spin-off without having read the main series or if I should just hurry and pick it up. I also still need to read Kiss of Deception. Hopefully I can catch up on both of these series soon!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree about The Heart of Betrayal!! I recently read The Kiss of Deception and I so want to read the sequel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both look so good! I need to finish Falling Kingdoms and catch up on the series!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually haven't heard of either of these, but both look great! And now I NEED to read Kiss of Deception since you and everyone seem to love it! :)

    Pam @mooonlightreader

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both sound like great books. I'm particularly interesting in A Book of Spirits and Thieves. I hope you enjoy them. Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I NEED The Heart of Betrayal right now!! Oh gosh, I can't WAIT to see what happens next! Thank goodness it's only two months away - I don't think I could wait any longer! Great picks, and I hope you love them both!
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooh, The Heart of Betrayal looks so good! I love that cover so much!

    Shannon @ The Tale Temptress' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm the odd man out on this one, I didn't particularly LOVE Kiss of Deception, but like you said, that ending!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I still haven't read The Kiss of Deception, but everyone is telling me I HAVE to, so I hope to get to it soon. I love the covers too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great picks!!! :) Can't wait to read The Heart of Betrayal as well. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh, both of these look good. I really like the cover for The Heart of Betrayal. Kind of mysterious.
    As always, thanks for stopping by my WoW.
    Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm dying to get my hands on The Heart of Betrayal also...can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I recently read Kiss of Deception, so I'm all ready for the sequel! Great picks!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  23. AHH Heart of Betrayal *dies*. I can't wait for it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It is great Morgan is doing a spinoff series. Great choices!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm reading The Heart of Betrayal soon! Very excited about that one. I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a lovely week :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooo I didn't know there was a sequel to Kiss of Deception coming out... all the more reason for me to finally read it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great choices!!! I love the beautiful covers. I hate to admit that I haven't read the first of either but I do hope to change that this year. Thanks so much for sharing this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!