Jun 20, 2017

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"'Call the hellhound?' Tia repeated. 'We can try.' She closed our eyes and shouted, 'Come to us, He Who Voids His Bladder in the Wind!' Air rushed around us and we heard a whine preceded by a growl." p20*


*Quote comes from the ARC, therefore it and its page number are not final. 









TITLE: Reunited
AUTHOR: Colleen Houck
PUBLISHER: Delacorte Press
GENRE: Paranormal-Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: August 8, 2017



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Series I've Been Meaning to Start, But Haven't*


*i.e. more than half of my TBR pile! Lol!
**in no particular order



10. NIKKI STYX SERIES by Terri Garey--I bought this entire series during the first few sales of the Borders closing sales. Let's take a moment in silence in remembrance of our dearly departed Borders......I remember reading a review of it in the early days of blogging and I wanted to give it a try. And yet it remains unread.
9. PRECIOUS STONE TRILOGY by Kerstin Gier--this was one of the first wins I won in a contest in the blogosphere. Can't remember where sadly, and though this series has gotten mixed reviews over the years it's still one I want to give a try one day!
8. ALIENATED TRILOGY by Melissa Landers--another one I remember hearing good things about that I decided to give a try! I mean I ADORED the Lux series after some initial hesitation, so I owe it to me curiosity to give this series a try too!


7. MYTHOS ACADEMY SERIES by Jennifer Estep--I obtained nearly all these books back in the day when I attended RT. Really need to get back to that. Hoping for 2019 in a less crazy city! Still need to read this first installment too!
6. ASHES DUOLOGY by Melissa Walker--one that's been there for awhile as well! And it's a ghosty story! What is taking me so long?!
5. SILVER SERIES by Rhiannon Held--a werewolf story that caught my eye...and still remains unread, though I did pick up the next two? books in the series in a Book Outlet sale some years ago!


4. NIL TRILOGY by Lynne Matson--this one sounded creepy weird and just my style! Part of my reasoning for not reading some of these series was waiting for all the books to be out to do a binge! Now I just gotta start scheduling binges!
3. THE COLLECTORS' SOCIETY SERIES by Heather Lyons--a grown-up Alice in Wonderland with a scarier Wonderland?! Totally in!! Just need to read the book already! LOL!
2. VAMPIRE CHEF DUOLOGY by Sarah Zettel--another book I acquired at my first RT conference! It has vampires and mystery so I was all over it! I have both books of the series that were obtained and I STILL haven't read book 1!


Please don't hate me for this!

1. TITAN SERIES by Jennifer L. Armentrout--I am shameful! I don't know why it's taken me so long to start this series. I have all the books to date. I guess in theory I could say I was planning a binge read...but I just kept getting caught up in review books and then wanting to finish other series that I hadn't gotten around to starting a new series!






 



23 comments:

  1. Alienated is a good one! I have also not read Nil. And I'm pretty sure you'll swoon over Seth! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Alienated series is one where I loved the first book so much, but my love declined over time. I do think it was me, because Landers amped up the action portion as the series played on, which was appropriate, but I liked the gooey love stuff (though, I will say, the ending was great). I read all the Mythos books; it was a solid series for me. I have been meaning to start the Precious Stone series. It has great reviews, and I have the first two books. Maybe I will add it to my shelf-love list of must-reads.
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently found Nil secondhand but I didn't know it was a series! I started Ruby Red years ago but never got around to finishing. I really need to make a point to finish more series!

    Stacy Renee @ Lazy Day Literature

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Nil series on my need-to-start list too!! And I did read Alienated and liked it but I didn't even know it was a trilogy till now.😂 I thought it was just a duology, haha, so clearly I need to get onto that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got a lot of good series on this list! I didn't participate in Top Ten this week bc I couldn't think of ten series, but I did write a teaser post. Have a great week!
    Laura :)
    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Granted I've only read the first one so far, but alienated was great! And no worries on not starting the titan series yet as I am also super far behind in my JLA reading too lmao

    ReplyDelete
  7. I meant to start the Precious Stone trilogy as well. I even own all the books. I need to finish Nil though. I haven't read the last book even though I loved the first two. Great list!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  8. I SO want to read the Precious Stones series! It's been on my TBR for a while now. I still need to read book 2&3 of the Alienated series as well. I love Melissa Landers!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay...series. I'm really good at reading book one but not so go at going on. I have read all of Gier's books. I've read Nil and Silver but didn't know that it began a series. I also have the Mythos Academy on my Kindle - purchased when it was a daily deal. Review books do take up a lot of my reading time. I'm reading The Waking Land by Callie Bates this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cover for Reunited is stunning!
    I completely forgot to put the Ruby Red sequels on my list. I loved the first one by haven't gotten around to the others yet.
    https://foxesfairytale.wordpress.com/2017/06/20/ttt-series-i-want-to-start/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have Dead Girls are Easy on my kindle unread as well. I think I have most if not all of the series. I did read some of the Mythos Academy Series and liked it but haven't finished it for some reason. I hope you can squeeze these in sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no a Hellhound. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can SO relate with a pile of books I've been meaning to start, but haven't... Love the tease- a hellhound who wees in the wind - that isn't going to end well... My TT - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/06/20/teaser-tuesday-20th-june-2017/

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of these are new-to-me. Enjoy! Especially that last one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think I ever heard of these books, I am interested! I need to check some of them out. Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Collectors' Society is fantastic! You should definitely read that one. I also could have put some Armentrout series on my list because I own a few of them from various conferences that I haven't read yet. Sigh.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have I told you that I love the way your blog looks yet? If not... I love it. Super cute! If I have, well... I'm telling you again.

    Great teaser! I've been meaning to read the Tiger Saga forever, and now she has this series too? My TBR keeps growing and growing. ;-) Thank you for sharing!
    My teaser is from Dreaming at Seaside by Addison Cole

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, I absolutely love Colleen Houck's series! When I saw the third and final book in your post, I totally squealed! I hope your enjoying it. I'm counting down the days until the book comes to my doorstep; I have it preordered already! I've heard some good things about the Precious Stone trilogy and every time I see them in stores, I'm always tempted. I haven't picked them up yet. Fantastic list! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great teaser. A couple of those series are on my TBR list too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have TOO many series that would make this list. Ones that have gotten so many good reviews from all you blogger friends that I just know that I would LOVE them if I ever actually got to them. I'm slowly but surely working on that list LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  22. THE COLLECTORS' SOCIETY SERIES sounds pretty good. I haven't read any of these series, but I totally understand about waiting to get them all and then binge reading.

    My TTT: http://books.thetechchef.net/top-ten-tuesday-30/

    Also loved the teaser!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!