Feb 14, 2021

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.

 

Oh man, am I sad this weekend is over already! Work was killer for some reason this week. It just felt like a neverending rush of things and when it involves phone calls to try to get people to DO something that they don't want to do or have time for, it just racked my nerves. As it is there's still like 2 or 3 calls I'll have to try making again because lo and behold, the people never responded to my first round of messages...second for some of them too. Sigh. Is it Memorial Day weekend yet? Luckily I am taking a random long weekend off next month, mostly to use the rollover vacation time from 2020 that expires March 31. I like being able to do things for vacation, so taking days off for nothing feels worthless especially when I come back to chaos in my inbox!

This week was pretty nice for books though! B&N finally sent coupons out and I hit the bookstore twice! Well one was online since no one apparently got copies of a January release in the store. Then Amazon had a buy 2 get 1 free sale and after doing the numbers and using a gift card I got for my Birthday I got 3 hardcovers for the price of 1! And only 1 arrived completely ripped...and then Amazon actually moved pretty quickly to get my replacement out to me! So that's 2-1 on the Amazon front this year...bad marks still being in the lead...really I could say 3-1 since they did send me a ripped book, but the 2 was for 2 packages delivered late, so we'll leave it at 2-1.

Moving on...here's what I bought this week:

 


HOLY COW! I GOT THE PICTURES TO FINALLY GO THREE IN A ROW! NEW INFERIOR BLOGGER NEVER LETS ME DO THAT ANYMORE!!

The Iron Raven by Julie Kagawa--keeper copy
A Stranger in Town by Kelley Armstrong--keeper copy
All the Tides of Fate by Adalyn Grace--keeper copy

The Beauty of Being a Beast by Jennifer Estep
Don't Tell a Soul by Kirsten Miller
Finlay Donovan is Killing It by Elle Cosimano


My January Fairy Loot finally arrived too! It was traveling for over a week, man I can't wait for mail to go back to normal. Please tell me one day it will be back to normal, I'm STILL waiting on an international book! I've no idea where it is and the seller hasn't responded to my email ALL week!

I think I might partake in the picture prompts for this one. December's didn't wow me all that much so I didn't take any pics of it.


Preorder goodies that arrived:

Ironically as I started reading A Sky Beyond the Storm this week, I also got my preorder goodies! I plan to take a super cool picture of it for my bookstagram this week, this is simply my haul picture! Lol.

 

THANK YOU Penguin Teen!


And here is my preorder goodies for All the Tides of Fate! I love the character art! True, I struggled with the last book of this duology a bit, but I did still enjoy it! The poster was sadly a little flimsier than expected and I was scared to take it out of the mailer, but luckily it's okay! Just a precaution to anyone still waiting on there. Pull it out VERY carefully! ;)


THANK YOU Imprint!



Okay, I STILL need to read AVSBAD. But after I preordered my copy, I told my friend to preorder it too and fill out the swag form to get the other patch that I didn't choose so I could have both, she doesn't care for swag! And for whatever reason HERS arrived first! She sent it to my house and yet I'm STILL waiting on the one I ordered for myself and I put my claim form in weeks before her! It's aggravating to say the least! Lol! As soon as I get mine I plan to iron on the collection of patches I've got going onto a tote bag I bought for this very purpose!


THANK YOU Bloomsbury YA!



And finally...I bought another Disney key when it released...and sure enough keys COUNT for the friends and family sale going on now! Typical! Lol!


Can you believe Winnie the Pooh is 55 years old?! This is his commemorative key! Don't ask me how I got addicted to these things. I honestly couldn't say. Lol.

 

 

And that was my haul this week! It definitely brought a few bright spots to my week. Now if only my international book would get here already! What did you get this week?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!