Feb 22, 2021

Let's Discuss: Teens Playing Teens

 

It was as I was watching the latest episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark, I was realizing...they are actually using teenage actors to play teenagers! When did that happen? Lol.


Teens Playing Teens


Have you ever really looked at some of the older shows that were geared towards teenagers and realized the actors were so far from their teens it wasn't even funny? I mean, I get there are the laws and rules regarding children actors up to certain ages, I do. And I guess that was always the larger part of why adults played teens, but don't you find it baffling when an actual teenager plays a teen?

I was watching the first episode or so thinking omg, these kids are babies! Lol. But really, they're just teenagers. Probably 15-16 as one was just getting her permit and wanted to practice driving, but of course they have an absent parent because by law in any teen movie/TV show, the parent can't be around to actually parent their child. Again, tactic wise I get it, you don't want the star teenager to be hindered by their mom or dad. They have to be free to break all the rules...and laws.

But anyway, back on track, it was so weird seeing actual teens playing the teens. It made it more real true and refreshing. I guess I just didn't realize how used to seeing grown adults playing 16-18 year-olds.


What do you think? Do you sometimes get thrown when you see an actual teen playing a teenager? Are you used to seeing the early-mid 20 something year-old playing the 16 year-old? Am I just getting old in thinking this...probably! Kids these days!! Lol!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!