Feb 7, 2021

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.

 

February is turning into second January! Lol. Slow and boring. I finally got a replacement for my missing Fairy Loot package! Huzzah! But now I am awaiting another international package that has yet to arrive! A friend of mind got hers Friday, I was hoping that meant I'd get it yesterday but I didn't. I'd camp out by my mailbox if I didn't have work. Snow and all! Lol. Really missing life outside of Covid. How about you?

 

Books I got this week:

How The King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories by Holly Black--Fairy Loot edition! AT LAST!
All the Tides of Fate by Adalyn Grace--Owl Crate keeper copy
A Vow So Bold and Deadly by Brigid Kemmerer--Fairy Loot edition! Though since I didn't get to read the ARC for the third book, I'm debating about waiting for my B&N copy to read so I can read the short scene from Lilith's POV directly afterwards, otherwise I might never get around to it! Maybe once I get word of it shipping I'll start this one! Lol.


For review from the publisher I received:

Near the Bone by Christina Henry (ARC)--reading this one now and omg it's all kinds of creepy!!!


THANK YOU Berkley Books!



Other fun goodies that I bought/received this week:

DISNEY KEYS! Yes, I have gotten addicted to these things! But since their latest Valentine's set are "blind boxes" I was not going to go through the ordeal of trying to get all 6 designs. So I just settled on two and I received The Lion King one and the MYSTERY 101 Dalmatians one! Not too bad at all!

Then, naturally, I bought the UP 10th Anniversary key! Is anyone else feeling old with all these Disney movie anniversaries?


This was a cute little Christmas ornament I saw on the Give Kids the World website that I wanted to buy at Christmas, but was sold out. So when I popped on the website last month I saw it and decided to buy it before it vanished again! This was designed by a 14 year old girl named Diana.

For those not in the know, Give Kids the World is a village in Kissimmee, Florida where children (mostly from Make a Wish that I am aware of) stay when their wish takes them to Disney World! I went once when I was a young teen after I had my medical issues take another turn. I didn't have strong memories of my early days Disney trips as a toddler so I wanted to go back for concrete memories and we got to stay at this magical village! It's a really nice place to stay for kids with medical conditions, they are able to forget they're sick and have a nice time! You almost don't even need to leave the village, I mean you can have ice-cream for breakfast!

Anyway, when you buy anything online at their website, all proceeds go to them to help keep things running. I bought one of these ornaments a few years ago when it was a gingerbread house! I thought this snowflake was so pretty though and I wanted to have it! It was the 2019 ornament of the year!

 

Then I finally tracked down the Caraval pillow cover! I think it was Illumicrate and someone on the BooksForTrade hashtag was giving it away for shipping costs so I snagged it! I originally bought one on Mercari but the seller kept forgetting to mail it then mailed it to her family instead with Christmas gifts...it was a fiasco. I was refunded eventually but I still wanted to get this gorgeous pillow case!
 

 

And that was it for me this week! Really only 2 books were added to the TBR, but I'm reading 1 now, so more like 1 itself! Hoping maybe Valentine's Day might make B&N give a coupon for the weekend so I can stock up on those January releases that I still need to get! What did you get this week?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!