Feb 4, 2021

Random Thursday

 

Today's the last day of learning 49 Interesting Things You Didn't Know About Every Single Ride at Disney World by Fiona Clair. This was a fun article that did actually surprise me with the bizarre facts about all the different rides in all of the parks.

As promised, here is the link to the article in full. As before, any pictures not noted were borrowed from the article.



The Alien Swirling Saucers is a copycat of Disneyland's Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.


Never rode this one myself, I can't even do the teacups anymore without getting severely dizzy! Lol.



Avatar Flight of Passage's line queue was designed to keep guests occupied for a 6 hour wait.


I think when I rode it I had about 90 minutes of wait time. It was interesting considering I never saw this movie!


(image borrowed from Polygon)

In 1985 when Imagineers were designing what would soon become Dinosaur (the ride), paleontologists uncovered the remains of a Carnotaurus. This dinosaur would soon become a featured character in the ride and the movie!

 

Another ride I never got to.

 

 

Expedition Everest has been broken pretty much since it opened. The fearsome yeti who "haunts" the mountain was supposed to jump out at guests near the top of the mountain but broke shortly after the ride opened. Imagineer Joe Rhode vowed to fix the yeti, but there has been no plans to do so since 2006 and since Joe retired last year, it's looking pretty bleak.


I rode this one a few times when I last went! It was so much fun! I wish I could've seen what the ride was meant to look like.



(image borrowed from Disney Fanatic)

The Kali River Rapids is meant to show the terrors of deforestation and logging. The name even comes from the Hindu goddess of death and the destructive forces of nature.


I hardly ever ride the water rides anymore. Never feel like walking around the park soaking wet the rest of the day! Hate the feel of wet socks!



The Acacia trees seen on the Kilimanjaro Safaris at Animal Kingdom are not real trees. They are really just "manicured" oak trees.


That's an interesting factoid!



(image borrowed from Disney Wiki - Fandom)

There's a backstory to Dinoland USA, it's the town where fossils were found and Chester and Hester wanted to cash in on the publicity and created a roadside amusement park. The TricerTop Spin is the last ride in Dino-Rama with Primeval Whirl closed in 2020.


I think I bypassed Dinoland USA. Must be how I missed Dinosaur.



On the Na'vi River Journey, you will hear an entire song sung in Na'vi. Paul Frommer, a professor at the University of Southern California developed the language of Na'vi and even wrote the song for this ride.


I rode this one, but since the language wasn't familiar to me, I chalked it up to never seeing the movie! Lol.



(image borrowed from Youtube)

The Wildlife Express Train takes guests to a lesser known part of Animal Kingdom. After the 7-minute ride, guests can see a backstage part of the park to see the veterinary's headquarters and learn more about the conservation efforts, and even learn how to draw a Disney character.

 

So yeah, I'm making my list of things to do on my next visit. It should've been this year, but 2020 man. :(








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!