Feb 2, 2021

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

I was super eager to start this one, so I may have pushed my June books aside to read this July one first! And omg, only a few pages in and already I was hooked!

 

"Adele. Help me.

An old ache gripped me. That was my father's voice.

My father died eight years before. I knew that wasn't him calling from the forest, but knowing that didn't make the voice any easier to ignore." p 4*


*Quote comes from the ARC, therefore it and its page number are not final.

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: Red Wolf
AUTHOR: Rachel Vincent

PUBLISHER: HarperCollins
GENRE: YA Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: July 20, 2021



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

 

This week's topic is: Top Ten Books Written Before I Was Born That I Read (These can be books you’ve read or want to read!) (submitted by Davida Chazan @ The Chocolate Lady’s Book Review Blog)

 

*in no particular order

 

10. THE BEAUTY AND THE BEAST by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve--so yeah...a lot of those reads are going to be fairy tales! I was never a big classics fan!
9. THE LITTLE MERMAID by Hans Christian Andersen--and other fairy tales too! Basically it's these stories that I read that were published before I was born. You know, by a century or so! Not this specific edition of course!
8. PETER PAN by J.M Barrie--this is the Minalima collection! Lol.



7. THE COMPLETE GRIMM FAIRY TALES by The Brothers Grimm--not my edition, I couldn't find the one I had easily enough, so I gave up. The edition is not next to me to search by ISBN either. Lol.
6. ALICE IN WONDERLAND by Lewis Carroll--I still need to read THIS edition, but again, couldn't quite remember the publisher of the edition I have and I can't remember where I have that book stashed. But the story itself is another that was published before I was born!
5. THE RANDOM HOUSE BOOK OF FAIRY TALES adapted by Amy Elrich--this is the collection of fairy tales I reread over and over that got me hooked on the originals. I think other than being condensed most of these followed the original stories.

 

 

4. DRACULA by Bram Stoker--I mean obviously I HAD to read this one!
3. THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO by Alexandre Dumas--still the one book that blows my mind that I read and enjoyed! I read the abridged version for school then read the full version later that summer!
2. THE PRINCESS BRIDE by William Goldman--this was a movie I grew up on and when I was later "old enough" to read the book I did! It's one of two books where I actually liked the movie better, but it's more because I saw the movie a 1000 times before reading the book! Lol.


 


1. JAWS by Peter Benchley--another one I HAD to read at some point! Grew up on the movie and I eventually read the book! Oh and this is the second book of the two previously mentioned books I liked less than the movie! ;)



 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!