Apr 15, 2024

Quarter Year Crisis Book Tag

 

So last week I saw this fun tag over at Lili Lost in a Book (and I totally borrowed her cute image because it was purple and perfect!) and thought it looked like fun! It's basically just a check in for the first quarter of the year to see what books are on the top of our minds! It was originally created by Rosin's Reading.



How Many Books Have You Read So Far?


I've currently read 20 books out of my 50 total goal! I'm over halfway through book 21 at the time of writing this post!




Have You Found a Book You Think Might Be a 2024 Favorite?

As of now, I'd say that would be The Study of Magic by Maria V. Snyder! This is a companion novel to her second book Magic Study telling Valek's side of what was happening while Yelena was away! It was a blast!



If Not, What Was Your Favorite Book That Wasn't Quite Five Stars?

While I loved the trilogy as a whole and Destroy the Day still scored very high for me, 4.5/5 stars. I did feel a little sad as the ending was a bit rushed in my opinion. I guess I just expected a little more time to get through events and it ended just a little too quick for my liking.



Any 1 Star Books/Least Favorite Book of the Year?

While I still liked Midnight Beauties, I did give it a 2.5/5 rating which translates to slightly better than okay. I think my enjoyment was greatly reduced due to the fact that I read the first book way too long ago. I knew I should've re-read the first one but I just didn't have the time. I still liked it, but just not as much as I had hoped.



Most Read Genre So Far?

 

Fantasy. Definitely fantasy. The rest have been some thrillers and paranormal reads.



A Book That Surprised You

No One Can Know definitely kept me guessing on the whodunit part! Every time I thought I had it down, the story would throw in another twist!



A Book That's Come Out in 2024 Already That You Want to Read But Haven't Yet?

Oh wow. That list was longer than I thought. I'm the worst! Top of that list though is Cursed Cruise by Victoria Fulton & Faith McClaren! This was a sequel I didn't even know what going to happen until the last minute almost! Dying to read it!



One Goal That You Made That You Are Succeeding At?


I'm actually doing really well at all my challenges! I'm at 20/50 books for the year. I've read 5 series finales I've been meaning to read and I'm thinking of upping that challenge soon! I've written 18/25 discussions so far and for TBR books I've read 13/20! So I'm doing great with all of them!



One Goal You Made You Need to Focus On?


Well, if I up my Series Enders Reading Challenge, I'll need to focus on that one! I've been trying to aim for one a month, but I know that's going to fall apart eventually!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!