Apr 14, 2024

Stacking the Shelves--More Mail Woes

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

Well it was another week. Without any book signings to look forward to, I've no idea where I am in the month anymore! Lol. It truly helps when you have a mini countdown of some sort to have for yourself. But alas, I've got nothing. Work is still in its slow period but I am about to start a new program that I was finally "recommend" to after almost 2 years now? I have an orientation to it this week and then it starts next week. Hopefully this will help me advance my skills and be able to be ready to do more and maybe roll into a better paying position. I do like working from home as it's just soooo nice not to have to deal with the stress of traffic and weather with that traffic. I know my mom thinks I need to be in an office, but I don't see it being any better than when I was in an office before. It's a never-ending battle I suppose. And sadly, I almost had an empty StS this week because B&N is back at it again in sending my books around my city to go to another city to then be sent via USPS back to my city. It's INSANE! They start out going UPS then UPS passes up St. Louis when they leave New Jersey and drive 4 hours to Kansas City then Kansas City sends it off with USPS who then takes it BACK TO ST. LOUIS and leaves my book at the Sorting Center of No Return! YES! That dreaded sorting center that literally holds onto my books for days on end! My books were accepted on Wednesday but have yet to be RECEIVED!!! It makes me SO MAD! And now I KNOW B&N can do better! When they "lost" my book last month and had to resend it after the allotted 7 days, they sent it directly with UPS and UPS brought it directly to me! And THEN last week with my TBONA paperbacks those arrived ONE DAY EARLY WITH UPS! Yes, UPS again delivered my books directly TO ME! No diverting to KC UPS to go to USPS to stay 3-5 days at the Sorting Center of No Return! Currently tracking has updated to a Monday delivery...but the books still have not been received! And B&N has the NERVE to email me on Thursday saying TOMORROW IS THE DAY! Tomorrow was not the day! SATURDAY was NOT the DAY! Monday better be the FREAKIN DAY! Needless to say I am LIVID! I pay for this freaking membership only for them to lose my books and make me wait an additional week to get them again. It's so annoying!


So here's what I went out and bought myself yesterday...mainly because it was a triple stamps day for members and I thought why not?

Your Blood, My Bones by Kelly Andrew



Then shockingly, my Fairy Loot order of Iron Flame arrived! I sadly must have just missed the signed copy version as I got my email right on the minute and I got to it quicker than quick but still suffered the longest wait ever. BUT luckily I managed to buy 2 signed bookplates from Rebecca back at the holidays I think. They are the COOLEST bookplates ever as they are clear! Her signature is on a clear sticker so it will look as really signed as possible with just a bit of sheen! I bought 2, naturally, for these unsigned FL copies I managed to get!


Iron Flame by Rebecca Yarros--Fairy Loot edition



Then my final piece today is a brand new charm for my Kim Harrison charm bracelet! It's been years since I've gotten to add a charm to it since Kim's shop closed up some years ago! But I had to buy this one for nostalgia's sake and omg I feel old now...


Kim Harrison's Hollow series is now 20 years old! I've been reading this series for 20 years!



And that was it for me this week...sadly. I've got a very, very bad feeling in the pit of my stomach when it comes to October later this year. Pretty sure you'll all hear the sound barrier breaking with my spectacular cries!! Six months folks...B&N has six months to get their shipping shiitake together!

On another note...so what did you get this week? And does anyone else suffer from these B&N shipping woes or are they just out to get me?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!