Apr 8, 2024

Let's Discuss: Genre Burnout

 

So I had another idea for a discussion and I thought I would discuss it before I forgot what I wanted to say! Lol. Tends to happen if an idea flits into my brain and I don't jot it down right away. So in the middle of blogging I decided let's write this first then continue with the rest!


Genre Burnout


Do you ever start to feel burned out by reading certain genres? Occasionally if I get on a fantasy kick and read soooo many straight up fantasy reads back to back, I start to feel burned out. Like I'm tried of them. I want something else to read even if I am enjoying the fantasy read I'm reading.

So naturally, when it comes time to pick up my next book (which hopefully I'm caught up on review books and don't have a fantasy needing reading) I'll make sure to choose something paranormally! Or a thriller! Just something outside that straight up magical fantasy read! Usually after 1 or 2 reads I'm "okay" to get back to fantasy, depending on my level of burnout. Heck after 2 reads, I might be anxious to read a specific fantasy book so I will dive right in and already feel refreshed!

I guess needless to say, when I get burnt out, I just need a short break. 1-2 reads at the very least is usually enough of a refresher and then I sometimes just find myself gravitating back towards a fantasy book without even realizing it!


So what about you? Do you ever get a genre burn out? How do you get out of it? How long does it take? Or do you get more of a reading burn out? I know a few readers get this sometimes, luckily that hasn't struck me in my time! Too many books I want to read, luckily with enough books in my genres I enjoy so there's always something different for me to pick up to shake things up!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!