Sep 17, 2024

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"<Where is he? Who hurt him? Are they dead yet or will they be dead soon? Can I help them die?>" p 69










TITLE: Staked
AUTHOR: Kevin Hearne

PUBLISHER: Del Rey
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: January 26, 2016



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 


This week's topic is: Top Ten Characters Authors Surprisingly Redeemed (submitted by Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse)



*in no particular order



10. MARIAH--I'll be honest, I can't quite remember why Mariah needed to redeem herself in my eyes. I guess like the cover jacket says she betrayed Gabriel and had some making up to do. But yeah, I kind of cheated and looked through my reviews for "redemption!" Lol.
9. TOBY--now Toby I remember, he was a douche in the first trilogy of Alyssa's Chronicles world and he does do some serious redemption tracks in this one!
8. LARA--I mean we followed her around in the first book, so we knew what her plans were, but I was always upset that she was already coming off as a deceptive character. True, we knew why, but still I didn't like it.





7. KIERRAN--I remember it coming as a shock that he was traitorous. I mean even with the title, you had hoped for better. Granted he does redeem himself in the end.
6. SNAPE--I was trying hard to avoid a HP pick, but yeah, let's face it we were all surprised by Snape's loyalty!
5. JOSH--another one I can barely remember but through my reviews it fits the bill! He was your typical demon, devious and unforgiveable until he meets the right girl and everything changes!





4. JACKAL--ah yes, Jackal! I loved to hate that guy! He was pretty much an @$$ in the first book and you just hated him! You loved to hate him! But he does some redeeming before the series is over. I had always hoped he'd get his own book, but sigh...
3. WARNER--he was another surprise. I mean he was also douche-y but he took on a better path by the end of the first trilogy!
2. MAGNUS--loved this guy! Loved to hate him then I LOVED him! He was an @$$ in the beginning as well, but much like B&tB you begin to see small changes him as the series went on and soon I was swooning! lol




1. JACKS--of course! He was the villain we all loved to hate in Legendary and then he got his own trilogy, so to speak, and even then we still weren't sure what to make of him. But like Magnus, you begin to notice little changes as the series went on and oh yeah, that redemption arc was sweet! 


 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!