Sep 3, 2024

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


"'It's not some Scooby-Doo shit. I'm not gonna lie,' Molly says. 'Moving bookcase? It looks like one of the mansions in an episode of Scooby-Doo.'" p 89









TITLE: The Return
AUTHOR: Rachel Harrison

PUBLISHER: Berkely
GENRE: Suspense
RELEASE DATE: March 24, 2020



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 



This week's topic is: Top Ten Books Involving Food That Are Not Cookbooks (submitted by Cathy @ WhatCathyReadNext and Hopewell's Public Library of Life)



*in no particular order
**okay, I couldn't think of a lot of books that involved "food" in a particular way. So some I just books where they had a great scene involving food! lol.





10. OBSIDIAN by Jennifer L. Armentrout--I love love love the spaghetti scene! Probably my favorite moment of this book!
9. ONYX by Jennifer L. Armentrout--will forever think of chocolate chip cookies differently because of this one!
8. SPIDER'S BITE by Jennifer Estep--though I couldn't really get into this series, I remember Gin being a cook of sorts! The blurb even goes to say she works at a BBQ joint as a cook!





7. ONE POISON PIE by Lynn Cahoon--I still need to read this one but with a title like that and a series title called Kitchen Witch, it's safe to say baking/cooking will be involved in some way! Lol.
6. DARKSIDER by Erin Kellison--old school pick that I found through my archives, the heroine, Serafina is a chef!
5. A WITCH'S GUIDE TO FAKE DATING A DEMON by Sarah Hawley--I recall Mariel also enjoying cooking but had a stronger passion with plants, but you know, cooking came in second thereabouts! Lol.





4. THE VAMPIRE'S MAIL ORDER BRIDE by Kristen Painter--a series I continue to fall behind in but I remember Delaney being a baker who loved creating sweets!
3. SOME GIRLS BITE by Chloe Neill--while not a chef, Merit was a gal who did enjoy her food! Deep dish pizza, Mallow Cakes, you name it!
2. A TASTE OF THE NIGHTLIFE by Sarah Zettel--a series I still need to read but the title series says it all! Clearly we've got a lot of cooking going on! Lol.






1. HEARTLESS by Marissa Meyer--Cath was another girl who enjoyed baking despite it being unconventional for a soon-to-be Queen!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!