Jun 2, 2020

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"That wasn't what bothered Cormac. Getting comfortable with it all--that was the weird part." p 63
















TITLE: Low Midnight
AUTHOR: Carrie Vaughn
PUBLISHER: Tor Books
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: December 30, 2014 




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I Loved that Give Off Summer Vibes



*in no particular order
**note I live in the Midwest where summers are hot, humid, brutal, and agonizingly long. I hate hot, humid weather unlike many, many of the citizens that surround me! Lol. So some of my responses might lean towards the negative with regards to summer.  


10. ALLEGIANT by Veronica Roth--mostly color-wise! And the wave in the center helps too!
9. PHOENIX by Elizabeth Richards--another color vibe! Fire because it's hotter than heck in the summer too! Lol.
8. INFERNO by Julie Kagawa--the title, the colors, and image...all bespeak of a hot and miserable summer! 



7. A BAD DAY FOR SUNSHINE by Darynda Jones--I mean, her name is Sunshine! And then the coloring and that it's set in Arizona, so even more hot and humid than my Midwest weather!
6. FEVERSONG by Karen Marie Moning--more fiery colors and themes! Plus reading! Who doesn't think summer reading list these days? Lol.
5. TEN by Gretchen McNeil--nothing says summer like spending the weekend on a reclusive little island...running from a serial killer!



4. ECHOES by Alice Reeds--another island based read! Though, there's still plenty of terrors to run from here too! 
3. TEMPEST UNLEASHED by Tracy Deebs--an oldie and goodie! MERMAIDS! Nothing screams summer like MERMAIDS!
2. COMPULSION by Vanessa Garden--a perfect looking read for summer! I still need to binge this series but am working on my older ones before I let myself start a new one...though it's technically an unfinished one as I read book 1, bought book 2...and there you go!



AND THE CREME DE LA CREME...
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

if you've known for me for awhile you might be able to guess this one...


*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*


1. JAWS by Peter Benchley--I mean it's the PERFECT beach read for summer!! Lol. It's because of this book/movie that I never, ever, ever, EVER want to set foot in the ocean...EVER!

And don't bother telling me how rare shark attacks are, because that's what these people at this beach thought too! ;)






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!