Nov 22, 2020

Stacking the Shelves


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.

 

Well, this was a sad week for books. I was doing the dangerous activity of used book shopping online. The first book I received ended up being an ex-library book and after a quick verification, the website description did NOT say whatsoever that there was even a CHANCE of the book being an ex-library book. I shipped that back the next day. Hoping I get refunded soon as they received the book Friday.  Then my second book claimed to be LIKE NEW! ONLY READ ONCE! Well, if you saw my twitter posts from Friday, you can see my outrage that the spine was cracked to $#*t and the cover with "little" wear to it had a HUGE crease along the edge. Clearly who ever read this book "once" hated books and had zero reason for buying books in the first place! I haven't decided if I wanted to mess with that return. My problem is that the books I wanted are out of print. No bookseller is selling them at cover cost. Some are charging $25 for an $8 book. So that's clearly not happening! So I started doing my careful used book browsing and thought I chose carefully on both counts, but apparently the sellers are just straight up freaking liars who hate books!

 

The book I got this week and didn't return was:

 

Hard to Handle by Christine Warren--it's my guess that this series only had 1 print run or something as this one is only 3 years old, it shouldn't be this hard to find!

 

 

Happier news is the new Christmas t-shirt I bought myself arrived this week:

It's an unofficial Harry Potter shirt with Hedwig sitting on some books "ugly Christmas sweater" style!


 

 

And then in my Disney geekery I bought the Fantasia 80th Anniversary key! It arrived before the order I placed the day before it! So yeah. I don't think I remember getting notice that it shipped either! Or I forgot what email I used for it! Lol! Still, that was a happy surprise to see when I came home yesterday!



And that was it for me this week! Other than the book fiasco it wasn't too terrible, but man, the book thing really brought me down!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!