Oct 5, 2021

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"'And what makes this library so...interesting? she asks, her disdain evident.

I can't help myself. 'Probably the books.'" p 130


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: War Storm
AUTHOR: Victoria Aveyard

PUBLISHER: HarperTeen
GENRE: YA Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: May 15, 2018 


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Bookish Pet Peeves


*in no particular order


10. DOG-EARING PAGES--shudders. Bookmarks please, use bookmarks
9. BENDING THE COVER ALL THE WAY AROUND--shudders
8. MISMATCHING COVERS--why publishers, why?!


7. MISMATCHING BOOK SIZES--I've two series that come to mind where the format stayed the same, but the actual height changed and it bugged me!!
6. LONG CHAPTERS/PARAGRAPHS--you know those pages that just go on and on with no page break or chapter end in sight? Sometimes I have to stop mid-chapter for whatever reason and I hate diving back in and not knowing what's going on.
5. MULTIPLE POINTS OF VIEW WITH NO INDICATION--I don't mind the multiple points of view, but when you don't know which character is speaking bugs me because it can take many paragraphs until you know who's talking!


4. SUPER SMALL LINE SPACING--you know when there's virtually no space between lines? Like the Bible! Yes, I know an e-reader can fix this, but I hate reading on those so it's difficult when reading the real book, but I wouldn't trade it for an e-reader any day!
3. TSTL HEROINES--or heroes. You know those characters who decide to go down the dark spooky alley. Alone. In the middle of the night. With a serial killer on the loose. With no weapon. THOSE characters.
2. CLIFFHANGERS--just not a fan of these. The wait for the next book can be horrifying and I've had too many cliffhangers be THE END because publishers cancel the series. I just hate cliffhangers.


1. INSTALOVE--yeah, this b with an itch is number 1! I still can't handle the whole seeing someone and being in love and needing that person as "theirs" right away. Gag.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!