Oct 12, 2021

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"His kiss consumed and seduced me. Just as he'd meant it to. It wasn't fast or hard or fueled by hatred or fury. It was an ember, a promise of the blazing fire to come with a bit of careful tendering. I almost considered it sweet--the kind of chaste embrace two courting lovers stole when their chaperone wasn't looking--until he slowly raised my arms above my head, pinning me to the wall by my wrists. He took my bottom lip between his teeth and he bit down gently. Then I remembered: he was no angel. And I was suddenly all too willing to be damned." p 114


 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: Kingdom of the Cursed
AUTHOR: Kerri Maniscalco

PUBLISHER: Little, Brown and Company
GENRE: YA Paranormal
RELEASE DATE: October 5, 2021


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

 

This week's topic is: Top Ten Favorite Book Settings


*in no particular order
**combining this with actual places within books and general places in books




10. WORLDS THAT BLEND FANTASY AND MODERNITY--hard to describe, buy you know those fantasy reads you get that have both the fantasy and urban feels? I love worlds like that!
9. FAMILIAR CITIES--I've been to New Orleans a few times, so when it pops up as the book's setting I love it! I love anytime when a book takes place in a city I've been to!
8. FANTASY LANDS--worlds that are pure magic are always a delight to travel to when reading!


7. BOARDING SCHOOL SETTINGS--when the teens are at a boarding school I feel like things are just more interesting than a regular school.
6. HAUNTED HOUSES--they are few and far between but man are they creepy and make for a good story!
5. UNDER THE SEA--another setting that's few and far between but oh so interesting!




4. WONDERLAND
3. HOGWARTS
2. THE HOLLOWS



1. NEVERLAND










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!