Feb 26, 2023

Stacking the Shelves--The Preorder Palooza Edition

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

Well it was another boring week. It dragged by so slowly I wasn't sure if the weekend would ever get here! Then it did and then it was over! Typical, right? Lol. This week it seemed the mail was a mass of preorders! Special editions I preordered over a cross of book boxes and they all came trickling in this week! AND I finally got one of my November preorder incentives! As it looked like all three books I preordered and submitted by receipts too for said incentives all got lost or something! All November books! Totally weird, but I reached out to each publisher and hopefully the other two will be along shortly!

 

Here's what I got:


First up is the Illumicrate editions of:

Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo
Hell Bent by Leigh Bardugo


Then my Illumicrate of Holly Black's book showed up:


The Stolen Heir by Holly Black--I had the special editions of The Folk of Air Trilogy so I decided to add this one to the mix! Though it did come with the book cover, but I never got the matching ones for the original trilogy. So not sure what to do with that since I like the naked cover look!

 

Then my Fairy Loot of Defend the Dawn arrived:

 

Defend the Dawn by Brigid Kemmerer


Then I started adding to my Stephanie Garber collection--no surprise there! I have a few other editions I'm trying to order, but needed to wait until the next paycheck before going crazy!


Once Upon a Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber--Romanian edition! I mean, it's an actual heart there!!


 

Then I played the most dangerous reader game ever: buy a used book online! I could not find these in any of the used bookstores near me and I decided it was time to just buy online and hope for the best. Well...1/2 "As new" books arrived in the promised condition.

 

Hard as a Rock by Christine Warren--this one actually came in pretty decent condition! It was clean, no hard wear on the cover or spine, pages looked good. I was pleased.
Touch of Darkness
by C.T. Adams & Cathy Clamp--this "as new" book arrived in the absolute WORST condition I have ever seen! First off the book was dirty as sin! The cover was covered in some sort of sticky residue. The pages all along the edges had spotting on them...I don't want to know what it is because there is NO way it's "age" AND the title page is not the cleanest. I was able to wipe down the cover to help with the stickiness and it's at least somewhat normal now. If my other two copies I found of this series weren't already beaten used copies I found at a church sale, I would be PO'd! As it is I'm miffed that they called this "as new." Yuck.



Then my next book was a preorder, so thankfully that was fresh, clean, and new!


Murder at Haven's Rock by Kelley Armstrong
Dead Letter Days by Kelley Armstrong--received for free for preordering the above!


Then I received my latest A Touch of Magic Designs order and it happily came with my missing prints from the past two orders!


I bought the next picture album as I used the first volume for Caraval/OUABH prints! Yes I am THAT dorky! Lol! Then I got two from Belladonna, the "make it fashion" OUABH, the ACOTAR world cast and another OUABH print! The first two after the album were freebie prints I got Rhun, who I still need to meet in HOSAB and a Jude print! Very happy with all of these and thrilled to finally get to see them in person since my original orders went missing. 


Then I spontaneously bought this pin from The Scripted Letter Co. on Etsy! I bought the one that was made for OUABH so I had to get the one for TBONA! Still need to rearrange my pin collection as I think I'll move my Caraval one to a banner and then use the hoop that I've had for years for OUABH...I just worry about all the pin holes as I've had to rearrange the pins frequently as I added more over the years!




And THEN I got some preorder incentives in the mail:


First was my pin for These Infinite Threads! It's so cute! But of course THAT pin banner is somewhere in my storage unit in in a box. A task for the future! Lol.


THANK YOU Epic Reads!


And then at last, my preorder gift for Saint showed up! The first one must have gotten lost or something as it never showed up! I was gutted since I was super psyched for this coin! As you may know, I have a weird obsession with non-monetary coins! ESPECIALLY if they are book related because OMG! Lol!


THANK YOU Wednesday Books!



And that, my friends, was it for me! What did you get this week?

 

 

 

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!