Feb 21, 2023

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"But Neve wasn't paying attention. Her eyes had gone tot he cottage, to the slow creep of the opening door.

Pushed by something that was decidedly not a human hand." p 54


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: For the Throne
AUTHOR: Hannah Whitten

PUBLISHER: Orbit Books
GENRE: Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: June 7, 2022







Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

 

This week's topic is: Top Ten Favorite Heroines

 

*in no particular order

 

 

10. HARPER--I loved that she wasn't your typical kickass heroine and that she had to grow into that role!
9. CAT--now Cat was raised to be a kickass heroine and I loved that about her too!
8. ZIVA--omg, I loved this girl! Rise of the socially anxious heroines! I never connected more with a character outside of their love for reading!




7. POPPY--another kickass heroine! I loved how fierce and brave she was despite her fears.
6. HARPER--a girl born with fists raised! She went through so much at such a young age and yet she was still such a good person! I loved her!
5. EMME--the youngest of the Wird sisters and I am dying for her story to continue! I feel like poor Emme was always overlooked by everyone since she was the youngest and just too "sweet." Sadly, her series is on hold so I haven't gotten to seen her come into her own but I am eagerly anticipating it!



4. GEMMA--I am loving Gemma's series! She's another feisty and fierce heroine that I am adoring! Cannot wait to see how her series ends!
3. SCARLETT--I always found myself as a mix of Scarlett and Tella. It was always hard choosing my favorite sister since I see myself in both of them! Though I do admire Scarlett's courage in doing the things that terrify her to protect her sister!
2. EVANGELINE--I almost, almost had her in my #1 spot since she's the most recent heroine and I ADORE her to pieces! Honestly, trying to put any of the heroine in this series in anything but the first spot is a tough decision! I love how no matter how bad things get, Evangeline is always so positive and hopeful. I love how caring she is and how she's not afraid to tell Jacks how it is! Lol.




1. TELLA--so Tella makes my #1 spot because I just simply love this girl! I love that she always says what's on her mind! I find I do this myself too, though I try to check myself more often than Tella does, but that's what I love about her! She's bold and brash and just completely honest with herself!



 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!