Feb 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.



Jana Oliver's third spellbinding Demon Trappers novel - following The Demon Trapper's Daughter and Soul Thief - brings all new thrills, as Riley Blackthorne takes on demons, love... and the future of the human race.

The days are growing darker for 17-year-old demon trapper Riley Blackthorne. With her father’s reanimated body back safely, Beck barely speaking to her because of a certain hunky Fallen angel, and a freshly-made deal with Lucifer, she has enough on her hands to last a normal teenage lifetime. Though she bargained with Heaven to save his life, her ex-boyfriend Simon has told the Vatican’s Demon Hunters that she’s working with Hell. So now she’s in hiding, at the top of everyone’s most-wanted list.

But it’s becoming clear that this is bigger than Riley, and rapidly getting out of control: something sinister is happening in Atlanta… or someone. The demons are working together for the first time ever and refusing to die, putting civilians in harm’s way. Riley thinks she might know who’s behind it all, but who’s going to believe her? Caught between her bargain with Heaven and her promise to Lucifer, Riley fears the final war is coming – and it may be closer than anyone thinks…


I soooooo can't wait to read this one!! This series is just mindblowing!! One of my only fave dystopian like books! Pretty sure we could call this paranormal dystopian!

TITLE: Forgiven
AUTHOR: Jana Oliver
PUBLISHER:
St. Martin's Griffin
GENRE:
Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE:
March 27, 2012


True love’s kiss just may prove deadly....

Mirabelle’s past is shrouded in secrecy, from her parents’ tragic deaths to her guardians’ half-truths about why she can’t return to her birthplace, Beau Rivage. Desperate to see the town, Mira runs away a week before her sixteenth birthday—and discovers a world she never could have imagined.

In Beau Rivage, nothing is what it seems—the strangely pale girl with a morbid interest in apples, the obnoxious playboy who’s a beast to everyone he meets, and the chivalrous guy who has a thing for damsels in distress. Here, fairy tales come to life, curses are awakened, and ancient stories are played out again and again.

But fairy tales aren’t pretty things, and they don’t always end in happily ever after. Mira has a role to play, a fairy-tale destiny to embrace or resist. As she struggles to take control of her fate, Mira is drawn into the lives of two brothers with fairy-tale curses of their own ... brothers who share a dark secret. And she’ll find that love, just like fairy tales, can have sharp edges and hidden thorns.


OOOOOOHHHH how I cannot wait to read this one as well!! I loooooooove fairy tales and this is absolutely one of the most perfect fixes for me! I saw it on Netgalley and requested it, but am still agonizingly waiting for it! Along with another read (that's been going on 3-4 weeks now with no response of any kind! :(  )

TITLE: Kill Me Softly
AUTHOR: Sarah Cross
PUBLISHER:
Egmont USA
GENRE:
Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE:
April 10, 2012


22 comments:

  1. I haven't started the Demon Trappers series, but like the sound of it. Kill Me Softly sounds great. I always liked Beauty and the Beast as a kid. If it was set in this time, I could imagine Bella as a book blogger :-)

    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes! I need to read book 2 of the Demon Trappers series, but I know I'm gonna want to read book 3 as well!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pick! It sounds like my kind of book - can't wait to check it out. Thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to start the Demon Trappers series, but Forgiven sounds absolutely amazing! And I can't wait for Kill Me Softly, it looks like it's going to be a great read!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this series, but I love a good dystopian....

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, are there 3 Demon Trappers books now? Time flies! I haven't read the first one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh, great picks! I still need to start the Demon Trappers series, but I'm hoping to do that soon. :) Definitely looking forward to Kill Me Softly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want all 3 of them-NOW! LOL!

    I read the first Demon Trappers Daughter a while ago and liked it but I just got caught up with other books and didn't follow up with the series. I need to read the second one!

    Great choices as always, Jess! I know if you like a book then it's certain that I'll like it too! I value your opinions :o]

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I cant wait for this book either! It was actually my first WOW pick when I started my new blog. Did you see the cover for the 4th book yet? It's called Foretold. I don't know what to think of the cover yet. It looks like the UK versions and doesnt really match with the US versions. Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog, old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still need to read the 1st Demon Trapper!
    Hope you get your hands on it soon.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been really wanting to read the Demon Trappers series! Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome choices!! I love the covers of both books :)

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kill Me Softly is being added to my TBR list IMMEDIATELY!! Wow, it looks amazing!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    Kelly
    Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH wow I haven't heard of either of these but they look amazing, will be adding these to my To Watch For List as well :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! Great post.

    Have a great day!!!

    Ali @Ali's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kill Me Softly sounds like it might have a brotherly love triangle? Must say I love the sound of that! (Vampire Diaries, anyone?)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've heard the Demon Trappers series is good. And the Kill Me Softly cover is so eye catching! Great picks! Thanks for visiting My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh, I absolutely love the sound of Kill Me Softly! Can't wait to get my hands on it either:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm looking forward to Forgiven too even though I found Soul Thief a little disappointing. I'm hoping it'll pick up in book 3. Great picks, thanks for stopping by and checking out my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have the first Demon Trapper's novel I just really need to read it already! This series sounds so freakin' good! Kill Me Softly is already on my wish list too, I'd request it from netgalley if I wasn't already booked (pun haha) solid for march and april!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog, have a fabulous Wednesday Jessica :)

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great Picks!!! I want to read Kill Me Softly so bad. I hope we get to soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both of these look SO fantastic. I believe Kill Me Softly is on Netgalley, too! I'm SO excited for Forgiven!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey, Jessica! Thanks for stopping by this week. I, too, am in agony waiting to see if I get approved for Kill Me Softly. Hopefully we'll BOTH get approved. :-) Have a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!