Mar 19, 2013

Review--Tempest's Fury by Nicole Peeler

Jane's not happy. She's been packed off to England to fight in a war when she'd much rather be snogging Anyan. Unfortunately, Jane's enemies ave been busy stirring up some major trouble--the kind that attracts a lot of attention. In other words, they're not making it easy for Jane to get any alone time with the barghest or to indulge in her penchant for stinky cheese.

Praying she can pull of a Joan of Arc without the whole martyrdom thing, Jane must lead Alfar and halfings alike in a desperate battle to combat an ancient evil. Catapulted into the role of Most Unlikely Hero Ever, Jane also has to fight her own insecurities as well as the doubts of those who don't think she can live up to her new role as Champion.

Along the way, Jane learns that some heroes are born. Some are made. And some are bribed with promises of food and sex.


Running right on down the line of books I should've read last year, I picked up Nicole Peeler's Tempest's Fury, the second to the last in the series if I recall. And oh, wow was it good!! Having next to no memory of what went down last time, I feared I'd be walking around blind. Well, in truth I was, but any major points of plot development were brought right back up and so my memory of those points came back to me!

This time around Jane, Anyan and Blondie head off to London to stop an ancient evil. Or really to stop an ancient evil from rising by the power of Morrigan and Jarl. For Morrigan has decided to unleash the power of the Red Queen and the White King. In order to do this, she herself is possessed by the Red Queen and is looking for the right artifacts that will allow her consort to become the White King. Oh yeah, and this "royal duo" are dragons. Yes, dragons!!

It's up to Jane and crew to gather their forces and try to put an end this bad guy reign. Jarl has been a thorn in Jane's side for all too long. Yet, they underestimate the power that Morrigan has alone. They're going to need help. But trying to get a group of rebel half-breeds and the Alfars to work together is easier said then done.

Jane is truly one of my favorite heroines, I know I say that a lot, but Jane is totally in her own category of awesomeness where she reigns supreme and all that jazz! She's so funny and snarky, it's hard not to laugh out loud when reading her tales. I also feel that she's very real and down to earth, doing what she has to do. Finding her own inner strength to overcome the trials that are constantly thrown at her. And she's had quite a lot in 5 books and it's only going to get harder for her in the book to come!

I was happy to see that this time around we have some Jane and Anyan time! Anyan admitted last time around that he loved Jane...right after she came out of a month long coma. So it took some adjusting and Jane knows she cares for Anyan as well, but she wants to try to take things slow with them. As in dating. And no sex...at least not right away. Second date at the earliest! (Note, that's not a spoiler, trust me!) Plus I found the romance just to be sweet in a way, true there were some hot and heavy moments that make you melt, but the patience and understanding Anyan has for Jane and her feelings is just so endearing.

The ending was definitely one of those "OH GOD NO!" kind of endings, wherein you then have to wait months on end to read the next book. Luckily, where everyone else who read it right away had an 11 month wait, I now only have a 2 month and 9 day wait! Yay me! The cover for the next one makes a lot of sense to me now after reading the ending. And just plain old wow! I truly hope the best for Jane in the book to come! Every girl needs her HEA ending and Jane is one of them.

If you're looking for a series filled with rich characters of different supernatural variety, snark, lol humor, more snark, and some romance that will make you melt then this is a series I HIGHLY recommend! It is one of my favorites because it truly is one the best series I've read and one that makes me laugh a lot with each and every read!


Overall rating 5/5 stars


1 comment:

  1. Oh gods I need to get back to this series! I loved the first two books and then fell behind. I keep buying them as they come, but haven't got to reading them. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!