Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
4. Name the title, author, etc.
Time to be bad! LOL! I couldn't decide between 3 teasers...so I narrowed it down to 2! And yeah...might be over two lines too! Sorry!
"A smile spread over my face. 'Did you just make a Harry Potter reference?'
He shrugged, blushing. 'I was a kid, too. I may or may not have read Harry Potter.'
'How many times?'
'The whole series?' I nodded and he blushed harder. 'Five times,' he admitted finally." p 99
I smiled my most demure smile and leaned close so only he could hear. 'I am going to punch you in the left kneecap if you call me "sugar plum" again.'
He just chuckled." p 102
AUTHOR: Temple West
PUBLISHER: Swoon Reads
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: May 12, 2015
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's topic is: Top Ten Book Series I Wish Had MORE*
*okay once I read the description I realized I couldn't really do this the right way. Generally I'm happy with the way things were written! Maybe there was a time or two when I didn't mind more than one kiss, but I legit cannot remember what books or book for that matter that was! So instead I decided to twist this and pick book series that I wish went longer than they did! Wanting MORE of everything they contained basically! ;)
**in no particular order
10. WOMEN OF THE OTHERWORLD SERIES--I always longed for Cassandra to get her own novel, but sadly it never happened! I would've been happy reading this series endlessly because there could always be new stories to be told!
9. NEPHILIM RISING--sadly it seems something happened down the line and Jennifer won't be continuing this one anymore. Unless something changes! We can always hope!
8. SHATTER ME TRILOGY--I was always upset with how things ended with the characters. I always wanted there to be more closure I guess and I wouldn't have minded at least one more book. Or novella!
7. FIRE & FLOOD DUOLOGY--there's still hope that we might get another novel! This one just ended with some sort of loose end from recollection!
6. THE UNTAMED CITY SERIES--only one book here. Yeah we had an added prequel novella but that just wasn't enough.
5. THE RULES--I always felt like this one ended where there could be more happening! But it sadly looks like a standalone.
4. LONE STAR WITCH SERIES--it's been ages since I read this one. It lasted only 2 books which is never really enough for me! Lol.
3. FALLEN SIREN SERIES--another series that only last two books plus a few novellas, but I didn't get the closure I needed. Sales usually play a part in my despair it seems!
2. THE DARK WORLD--remember me mentioning low sales? Yeah, this one fell victim to that too! But it was SOOO cool! I was always sad that Cara could never extend this one.
1. OBSESSION--who wouldn't want more Hunter? Especially in the Lux world? Sadly it seems this will always just be a standalone tie-on.