Dec 24, 2018

Mini Review--A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas

Hope warms the coldest night.

Feyre, Rhys, and their close-knit circle of friends are still busy rebuilding the Night Court and the vastly-changed world beyond. But Winter Solstice is finally near, and with it, a hard-earned reprieve.

Yet even the festive atmosphere can't keep the shadows of the past from looming. As Feyre navigates her first Winter Solstice as High Lady, she finds that those dearest to her have more wounds than she anticipated--scars that will have far-reaching impact on the future of their Court.










It should surprise no one that I only just now finished reading Sarah J. Maas’ A Court of Frost and Starlight! I’ve been behind on this series ever since I read the second book last year. But what a perfect time to pick this one up the weekend of the Winter Solstice, am I right?

I wasn’t sure what to expect from this novella like story. I knew it wouldn’t be the epic adventure I truly hoped for, but I knew going in that it was simply meant to bridge the gap between the end of ACOWAR and the start of whatever is to come. And it truly is just that. It’s basically a story that takes place a few months after ACOWAR and the Winter Solstice and Feyre’s birthday is nearing. So in a way, it’s like a Christmas story but without the actual Christmas.

While the description says that the story is told through Feyre and Rhysand’s point of view, it also includes Cassian and Mor’s too. I feel that this is important too since (as far as I know) we don’t know who the next full length novel will include main character wise. There are too many options at this point, but I know I am realllllly hoping for Cassian and Nesta! I feel their story will be brutal and beautiful and I cannot wait!

What would a story form the ACOTAR world be without a little more Feyre and Rhys time too? Don’t worry, despite the two having been very busy the past few months, the holidays will bring them together once more! And wow. Even in a novella Sarah can have me blushing fiercely! LOL!

This story was sweet. Simple. Uncomplicated. It’s rather a nice read for this time of year if just for the season and holidays. There’s really not more to say that won’t tell you the whole thing, so if you’re a fan of the ACOTAR series then don’t skip out on this one just because it’s a novella. If Sarah has taught up anything about this series, it’s that it’s not the size that matters, we’ll always be left craving more! Lol.


Overall Rating 4.5/5 stars






 

2 comments:

  1. This novella made me care about Nesta, Haha. I hope her book is next too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I like how novellas like this bring extras to readers and give more insight into the characters. I haven't read any of her books yet, so I think I'm the last person on earth who hasn't. I know I'm missing out on greatness.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!