Dec 23, 2018

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.


This wasn't a bad week. My birthday was last Sunday and I got a nice collection of gifts! Most of which was B&N gift cards because I am apparently hard to shop for but I tell them all the time B&N or Amazon gift cards are extremely thoughtful because they allow me to buy my books! Lol! I got to have Monday off as well for my birthday from work, probably for the last time too. Then the rest of the week was pretty mellow. This week I only have to work 2 days and only for 6 hours each, so that's nice!


Here's what I got this week:


Navigating the Stars by Maria V. Snyder--SIGNED!!!
The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle
The Voodoo Killings by Kristi Charish
The Broken Girls by Simone St. James
Disney Movie Posters by Kevin Luperchio--Amazon had this one for almost 30% despite them saying "30% off" but then there was a coupon for like $1.48 and then another $5 off of $20 and this was $28 and change so I saved another $6.50 off the price! I saw it on Instagram awhile back and thought it looked really cool! Little did I know that it's a HUGE book! LOL!


For review I received:

Lipstick Voodoo by Kristi Charish--early copy! I was actually sent this second book without having read the first one, but then I realized that one had been one I was eyeing awhile back so I basically went out and bought that one for myself! LOL.
Protect the Prince by Jennifer Estep (ARC)


THANK YOU Harper Voyager & Vintage Canada!!



Other goodies I bought this week:

 My 2019 Disney Desk Calendar--B&N put them on sale half off early! I battled the ungodly 3 o'clock rush hour holiday traffic to get to the mall during the week to get this baby!! 
Then I was "trying" to stay away from buying more t-shirts needlessly, but then Woot! was having a sale and The Binge was one of them! This had been the TOP shirt from last year, I believe it was, unless it was 2016. It was basically a long running bestseller. I literally bought the LAST one and it was my size and it was only $8 compared to the usual sale price of $15! It was too good a deal to pass up!


And among my birthday gifts that were bookish were these, naturally:

B&N gift cards!! Already spent almost half of one! 
 
 
 
Then my TBTBSanta gift came, but I am trying to see if I can wait until Christmas or likely Christmas Eve to open it!!
 
 




And that was my fantabulous haul this week! What did you all get?







10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got some bookish giftcards for your birthday, Jessica :) Those are the best gifts!
    Your new books look great, and I hope you'll enjoy them.
    Have a wonderful Christmas and happy reading :)
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of the giftcard too. Last years giftcard gifts funded my book buying up until about May! (although I was being very restrained...) :)

    Hope you have a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very disciplined to wait to open your TBTB Santa gifts. I would have tore that open before it got through the door. Enjoy all your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really curious about this Charish books! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Navigating the Stars looks kinda awesome! And signed too!! Also that movie posters book looks nice.

    I love gift cards as presents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gift cards are the best gifts, I don't care what anyone says!

    Excuse me while I go request Protect the Prince!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had my eye on that poster book for years! I hope you love it! And yay for Secret Santa! Good on you for keeping it sealed until Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited about the new Kristi Charish! And I loved Kill the Queen so I'm also looking forward to Protect the Prince.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of great books! I cannot wait to read Protect the Prince. Enjoy your lighter work week. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!