Feb 12, 2019

Graphic Novel Review--Wires and Nerve: Volume 2: Gone Rogue by Marissa Meyer

Iko – an audacious android and best friend to the Lunar Queen Cinder – has been tasked with hunting down Alpha Lysander Steele, the leader of a rogue band of bioengineered wolf-soldiers who threaten to undo the tenuous peace agreement between Earth and Luna. Unless Cinder can reverse the mutations that were forced on them years before, Steele and his soldiers plan to satisfy their monstrous appetites with a massacre of the innocent people of Earth.

And to show he’s serious, Steele is taking hostages.

Cinder and Kai, Scarlet and Wolf, Cress and Thorne, and Winter and Jacin all feature in this epic new battle. But it is Iko who must face her deepest fears when she uncovers the truth about her own unusual programming.
 



While wanting to start on a book that is being delivered today, I thought I’d spend my time reading a few shorter reads that I’ve been neglecting! First up is Wires and Nerve: Volume 2: Gone Rogue by Marissa Meyer and illustrated by Stephen Gilpin. The Lunar Chronicles was such a fun series! It was truly the characters that got me to keep coming back again and again! Iko, of course, was one the best ones and as you might know, Wires and Nerve is her story!

Gone Rogue starts our story by showing us Steele and his band of “merry men” ready to take down Cinder once and for all. Their first stop is to recruit Wolf to their cause, with promises that he can regain his humanity back. Meanwhile, Iko has learned some pretty shocking news regarding her identity chip that has always made her stand out from the rest of the androids and Cinder is making big changes to the way the Lunar palace and world will be run.

The main goal for this one of course was to put a stop to Steele before he can cause too much damage and hurt people. Though there is a kidnapping, and fighting, lots of fighting, and that led to other shocking reveals.

It’s always hard to review a graphic novel or comic book! The story is so short as it is, that you don’t want to give too much away but you also don’t want to leave others in the dark about what goes on! And let’s also add in this one that I really liked how Kinney’s character continued to grow! I can’t remember if he was growing or not towards the end of the first installment of this graphic novel series or not.

The artwork in this book is truly amazing! I love the drawings and designs, I’ll admit, I wish it was more full colored than shades of blue, but it does start to grow on you as you read further along. And I do believe that this series of events took place before that final story we got in Stars Above! So it kind of lets you know how we got to that point in that final story there!

This is definitely a fun, quick read that all Lunar Chronicles fans will enjoy! Or likely enjoyed as I feel like I am way behind on this particular series! Lol. But I am officially caught up and done…until the next surprise that is! You never truly know! If you were a fan of the series and enjoyed Iko’s character—because who didn’t love her?—then you will fall in love with this amazing and wonderful story that lets Iko have a chance in the spotlight!


Overall Rating 5/5 stars






1 comment:

  1. I've seen this comic book series mentoned in a thousand places and yet, somejow, I'd missed the fact that it was about Iko. I LOVE Iko! Looks like I have anotherthing to add to my TBR, luckily it'll be a fast read, and like you say, the graphics look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!