Feb 12, 2019

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


Despite how it may look, I'm only breaking the rules by 3 lines! ;)


"Determined not to be cowed by him or my own newfound curiosity in him, I forced myself to look him full-on in the face. He reached toward my cheek but paused a mere fraction before touching my skin.

'You're not going to kick me again, are you?' he asked.

'I'm still deciding,' I answered.

Accepting the possible consequences, he tucked my hair back before crooking a finger beneath my chin, moving my face gently to the side so he could survey the bruises along my cheekbone and my swollen lip." p 131*


*This quote comes from the ARC, therefore it and its page number are not final. 

TITLE: Bloodleaf
AUTHOR: Crystal Smith
PUBLISHER: HMH Books for Young Readers
GENRE: YA Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: March 12, 2019




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 


This week's topic is: Favorite Couples In Books


*in no particular order 


Adult Books:
 
10. CAT & BONES (NIGHT HUNTRESS SERIES)--I tend to fall for those romances where the couple doesn't fall in love at first sight! In fact, Cat tried to kill Bones when she first met him! ;)
9. YELENA & VALEK (STUDY SERIES)--while they didn't fall instantly in love either, they had a working relationship that was soon to develop into something more! Usually vast age differences skeeve me out, but it never did with this series! Though it helps that it's fantasy and in "those times" vast age differences were the norm!
8. MAC & JERICHO (FEVER SERIES)--another of those couples that had a rough start! Lol. Yeah...I'm sure there's a better adjective to use, but let's just say it was always complicated with these two and I wouldn't have it any other way!
7. ELENA & CLAY (WOMEN OF THE OTHERWORLD SERIES)--the first couple we met and definitely my favorite from the series! I loved that they had a history before we started the story and that helped to set up the foundation of the love that was soon to come back!
6. CHARLEY & REYES (CHARLEY DAVIDSON SERIES)--another one of those stories where the characters had a relationship of sorts before the story started! I mean granted, it ended up being a lot deeper than we initially thought, but once again it's another complicated story. Plus I just love Charley! Her attitude towards life is one I admire and adore!




YA Books:

5. AUDREY ROSE & THOMAS (STALKING JACK THE RIPPER SERIES)--how can one not love these two? I'm a book behind but I still ship this pair sooo much!
4. MARY ANN & RILEY (INTERTWINED SERIES)--with two shippable couples in this series, my favorite is DEFINITELY these two! Mostly because Mary Ann was the bookish type and Riley was the quiet moody type and I loved that these two were basically polar opposites and came together! Still wish I knew how they got to have their HEA ending!! 😭😭😭😭
3. KATY & DAEMON (LUX SERIES)--I mean duh! Lol! Another favorite because Katy is a bookworm and blogger too! Gotta love it when the bookworm gets the guy! And plus I still ADORE her for dumping her lunch on Daemon's head!
2. TELLA & DANTE (CARAVAL TRILOGY)--Tella is my girl! I love how bold and sassy she is and isn't afraid to speak her mind! Dante is her perfect match too because he's pretty much the same!
1. CLEO & MAGNUS (FALLING KINGDOMS SERIES)--I'll be honest, I never thought I would like Magnus when I first started the series. I probably stopped hating him by the second book and likely fell for him or nearly there by the third! Their romance made me swoon and made me cry! It was just perfect!!







11 comments:

  1. Every time you mention the Intertwined books, I am glad I forgot to continue the series. I would be so frustrated to read a never to be finished series (like Killer Unicorns). Tella and Dante were great, though, and I am excited to get the final installment in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many awesome couples! I hadn't thought about Mac and Barrons in forever but they definitely should be on a fav couples list... They're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some wonderful romances out there, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elena and Clay do sound like an interesting couple!

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah I love Tella and Dante!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/02/12/top-ten-tuesday-198/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to read Legendary one of these days. I've heard so many good things about it.

    This is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stalking Jack the Ripper looks amazing and ooh Kelley Armstrong!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Tella and Dante and Audrey Rose and Thomas are pretty great too! I really need to catch up on the Falling Kingdoms series!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, Mac and Jericho..."complicated" doesn't even begin to describe it!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  10. I toyed with adding Charley & Reyes to my list, but ultimately left them off because it was getting too long.

    ReplyDelete
  11. CAT AND BONESSSS!!!! Love them forever! And Katy and Daemon are one of my faves too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!